“Authentic, fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Compadres - CLOSED

Los Compadres
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: New Mexican Restaurant that is incredible!
Chicago
“Authentic, fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had the Mexican Steak and it was the best I have ever had. My wife had the cheese enchilladas and she loved them. My mother-in-law and daughter had tacos. They both had second orders. Everything was so fresh and had such great flavor. Margaritas and chips and salsa, excellent. This is definitely a place we will visit again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kevin P

Kihei, Hawaii
“Nice surprise in Mt. Pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Went here because it showed up on Yelp as "nearby". So glad we did. Excellent family run restaurant in a small shopping center. Place was simple, clean and comfortable. Quick service. The best carnitas I've had-very tender, not fatty or greasy. Decent glass of wine too! Highly recommend-everything (or almost) made in house-great salsa, tortillas etc.

Visited June 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Close your eyes and walk into a little bit of Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

First of all let me say, I was surprised. My fiancé kinda dragged me here, all the good places to eat in Chs area, I said no way to a dive in a strip mall. I was wrong. Family run and really nice people who remember you when you return and appreciate your business, that in itself is a novelty around here. The food simply prepared authentic and delicious.

Request anything and they could care less if its on menu they say no problem. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
“Real Mexican in the low country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I can back to this place after my first visit a year ago that was less than pleasant. We saw a new sign of new management and decided to give it another try, well I'm glad we did! Carmen and Juan the husband and wife that now run it bring a whole new level of southern hospitality to the area, their food and service are unbelievable. I am a northeast transplant that's been here a year now, I was so frustrated with Mexican options and reccomendations in the area until I found this hidden jewel....give it a try you won't be dissapointed, I guarantee it!!

• Visited April 2013
Potomac, Maryland
“Great authentic Mexican cuisine and what a steal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

While staying on Isle of Palms for a week and needing low key break from all the low country cooking options in Charleston, my wife found Los Compadres through a yelp and trip advisor search. 15 minutes from our beach house up Rte. 17 we found Los Compadres.

Three key points about this place set it apart from any of the "Mexican" restaurants most of us have been to:
1: their aim is authenticity and they are hitting the target dead on. Everything is made fresh in house and the menu is simple and delicious

2: great food: When my wife and I asked "what is great" the owner, Juan, told us his most popular dishes ( fajitas, enchiladas) but then also told us about their off-the-menu dishes like citrus and pineapple braised carnitas (!!!)

3: the prices! They are some of the most reasonable prices for quality food I have ever seen. You can get a variety of Mexican beers for $3.25, a 27 oz. marg for $9.99 and the two of us both are for under $50 with drinks, three tacos for apps, the special and the chicken breast entree and desert.

Juan was such a great host an took such great care of my wide and I while we were there, even bringing us some homemade flan to celebrate out anniversary.

Oh- did I mention breakfast served all day for only $6.25!

We will be returning to Los Compadres every time we make it back down here. What a great place for a change of pace.

• Visited May 2013