“Interesting”

Patriots Point Cold War Submarine Memorial
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Doesn't take long and is an interesting glimpse into a submariner's life. I think some of the reviews here lump the battleship into the submarine memorial, but the two are opposite ends. The submarine memorial itself isn't a lot to see and you'll need to take it in together with the other things here to make it worth your while. Not a stand alone activity.

There are newer reviews for Patriots Point Cold War Submarine Memorial

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We liked seeing what the submarine life was like. The sub is in disrepair, I hope they can renovate it.

1  Thank thelonepiper
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Wow small quarters here. I now know I'm not cut out to be in the navy. Self guided tour. Real interesting to go through the submarine.

1  Thank Shawn R
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My hubby, his friend and I went on a Sunday in the early afternoon. I have no interest in history but this was fascinating. It took us about 5 hours, but we walked fast. I would recommend bringing bottled water and dollar bills for the vending machine drinks, we were HOT! We did the flight simulator and all of the self guided tours. We were not impressed with the only food vendor, the food was not tasty, but the drinks were cold. Walking through the ships and the sub and seeing how our veterans were so cramped for space and gave us so much was amazing. I would recommend this to anyone, but would caution small children or the elderly or disabled. There are a ton of narrow, steep steps, so a stroller or wheelchair would not be possible. I don't know how easy it would be to carry a small child up and down all these steps.

2  Thank becky s
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a very nice and well kept sight to see. The designer had an amazing idea and it is nicely executed. We enjoy visiting this memorial when we are in town.

1  Thank Lennexmom