“Best fresh vegetarian/vegan restaurant in South Carolina”
Review of Puree Cafe - CLOSED

Puree Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best fresh vegetarian/vegan restaurant in South Carolina”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is fantastic. Just love the food and service. Fantastic creations with Meat substitutes and the quality of food and freshness is fantastic. Ave taken my Sons there and they love it too. One even said "this meat substitute tastes better than the meat"!
A1 deserts and coffee also.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ErnestEga

“Yummy creative food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

You dont miss the meat no really! 100% organic I love to keep up on fb because their ideas are inspiring
It can get loud in the restaurant when it's full the sound really carries in such a small place.

1 Thank Charlestongirls210
Divide, Colorado
“lunch with my husband”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Being a vegetarian I always have to find things to eat on a regular menu, however, today my husband took me to this cute little vegan/organic restaurant in Mount Pleasant. I had the arugala and beet salad with goat cheese and toasted nuts, he had the portobella sandwich...we were both delighted with the tasty lunches we were served. The iced tea was so delicious. Busy place...lots of variety on the menu and they serve Sunday brunch!

• Visited August 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Poor service; average food; expensive”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My daughter and I love to eat at vegan or whole foods restaurant. So on the way home from Charleston, we stopped at Puree Cafe for lunch. My daughter had the nori roll and I had the white bean grilled cheese sandwich. It was unclear who was waiting on us. We were approached by two different waitresses. Apparently, they didn't know either as neither of them checked on us very often. It took over an hour for our order to arrive; even though two tables with people who had arrived 30 minutes after us got served before us.

The nori roll was bland. The white bean grilled cheese fell apart and was difficult to eat. We couldn't wait to get out of there after having already been there an hour. I didn't want to wait another hour for the check, so flagged down one of the waitresses. $40 for average food and poor service. We don't go back.

1 Thank Maureen D
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Fresh, Healthy & Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I visited Purée for the first time last week with my 2 children, ages 8 &5, and my sister, who is Vegan. Originally I chose Purée simply due to the Vegan menu as my sister is limited to where she can eat an entire Vegan meal in a restaurant. I have to admit I did not have high hopes for the taste of the food but both my children and I were pleasantly surprised! All of our meals were delicious and the only thing that prevented us from returning during my sister's visit was time. I will definitely be returning with my children as they raved about their meals (grilled cheese & cheese quesadilla). I enjoyed the Mediterranean platter which was a great sampling of several dishes and more than enough to share. My sister loved the satay sandwich and even my son agreed that it tasted like fried chicken. We purchased some desserts to go as well and we Ll enjoyed those later that evening. I highly recommend Purée. I will be returning myself soon and am thrilled to have found a healthy restaurant that the whole family can enjoy!

1 Thank Melanie T