“Don't let the exterior fool you”
Review of Burtons Grill

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upscale Dining in a Casual Environment. Gluten Free, Vegetarian, and Children's menus available. Happy Hour daily from 4 pm to 7 pm.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let the exterior fool you”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Since moving to Mt Pleasant, I have passed this place daily. The exterior of this restaurant and in my opinion the name as well, lends itself to be at best an ordinary restaurant. Having moved from an area were artisans and culinary cowboys abound, I have been let down on every occasion thus far with the town of Mount Pleasant. In regards to Burtons, I have tested this restaurant three times, so I can tell you the food offerings are spot on in execution; they live up to delivery in taste, presentation, appropriate texture for overall Umami...

Pros" You get what you pay for" Not exactly the case for most restaurants in area that charge the same but do not deliver...

Con's : Atmosphere.. Meh..
To note" I had one bar person .. be extremely Snarky to me.... when asking very general and honest questions in regards to the burger bar menu I was unfamiliar with,
The others at our table were shocked by the inappropriate service.. I let it pass in lieu of everyone was hungry. But indeed thought... Are you really in the hospitality field?

One two other separate occasions the waitstaff was impeccable, friendly and worth mentioning as they accommodated our large parties.

Overall, Don't pass up Burtons, like I have done.. Yes, they are pricey... but they do deliver extremely well ... So , yes.. go

• Visited April 2014

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Late lunch - a treat”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We came in for a late lunch and were surprised that the burgers and sandwiches were 50% off after 3:00. We split a Caesar salad - the dressing was very good - certainly better than most I have had. I had a tuna steak burger than was done medium rare - it was very good. The cole slaw side was very good as well. Our server was very pleasant and checked back often to make sure our drinks were full and if we ended anything else.

Visited April 2014
“Gluten Free Menu Available”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We ate at this restaurant twice during our last visit to the Isle of Palms. It was such a relief to find a nice restaurant with a gluten free menu. The atmosphere was upscale modern and the restaurant is located in a large shopping center on the way to Isle of Palms. Everything we had there was good.

• Visited February 2014
Charleston, SC
“Great value for lunch !”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We've had lunch hear 4 times in the last two months and have never been disappointed. Food is really good and we've always had great service. Been for happy hour as well at the bar. We love it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DrSteveCharleston_SC
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We were going to see O'Reilly, and stumbled across a great place to eat!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were heading down to Charleston to see Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Miller at the Charleston Coliseum, and wanted to stop somewhere for dinner.

We had planned to go to PF Chang's, my favorite, when we saw Burtons Grill. We had never been there before.

Well, stopping there for dinner proved to be a great decision. The decor of the restaurant is lovely, the service was fantastic, and the food was 'to die for'!

Jamie was our server, and was extremely helpful, in going through the menu, since it was our first time there.

I had the shrimp marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and garlic, served over angel hair pasta, with fresh spinach and sweet roma tomatoes. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

Walter had a beef dish that he said was fantastic too.

I also ordered a spicy bloody mary, which not all that many restaurants/bars do well. This was perfect. And Jamie went through their craft beer list with us, and Walter's beers were really good too.

I cannot speak highly enough about Burtons. Decor, food, menu selection and service were all a definite 10+ out of 10. The prices were extremely reasonable.

If you're in or near Mt. Pleasant, do yourselves a favor and try Burtons Grill. You will become a fan, just like us! We will definitely be going back!

• Visited March 2014