“the absolutely, positively Tasteless italian meal in 70 years of eating” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cuoco Pazzo

Cuoco Pazzo
Ranked #42 of 325 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“the absolutely, positively Tasteless italian meal in 70 years of eating”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The chef or whoever prepared this awful meal evidently had his taste buds shot off in the war...We were 8 very disappointed people.
Frankly this was the biggest food let down of our entire trip to Mt Pleasant. The worst most tasteless flavorless ITALIAN food we have ever experienced!
Firstly, The place was so crazy & tumultous we decided to take out instead of eating in there. Raging Tumult!
I had the -absolutely no taste Chicken Francese...(a special order), (cardboard with a balsa wood sauce) over blandest linguine in the world plus a second entree of Linguine w/ white clams. Small clams were ok but the pasta had no taste, I couldn't believe how bland...could have used some Garlic, parsley and some (anything) italian spices and a decent chef...

My mother had "Shrimp Scampi"- 4 embarrassingly tiny (popcorn sized)shrimp (tasted more like shrimp cocktail-tasting rather than a nice sauted in Garlic etc. and the 4 tiny shrimp was spread on a mound of no taste pasta...awful! Not worth the $16+.
My spouse had a simple angel hair and Pomodoro (plain tomato sauce) which she said she could not eat it was so salty awful...
There were 3 little pieces of garlic bread enclosed (soaked in oil and over spiced with garlic,) also inedible...

My dad had the only dish that even came close to Italian tasting -a veal parmagian (sp?)- which was all canned tomato paste - (seemingly from a can.) My daughter spit out hers-and dumped hers in the trash.
My two grandchildren had a large meatball (1) and spagetti which they did not eat and left for the dogs. (They said it was too salty)

All in all this had to be the worst ITALIAN meal we have ever experienced and we all eat out a lot...My son said "can you imagine if we stayed and ate this flavorless meal at this madhouse - My summary- I could go on but you got the message, this was garbage plain and simple unfit for human consumption...
HOW HORRENDOUS..we'll never go back there again and avoid it like the plague!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank david554

SC
“Friendly good value Italian with excellent carbonara”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden gem. It is in a strip mall with a noisy bar next door but do not let that deter you. The clams are the go-to dish for one of my friends. Last night I had the salad special - balsamic-marinated portabellas with Parmesan - and it was excellent as is always the carbonara. They also do a good job with veal. Kid-friendly and is overall a good meal in a non-pretentious place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mt. Pleasant
“Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We had the best family dinner ever. Everything about this restaurant is awesome. We are so excited to go back with friends and family. This is the best Italian restaurant in Mt. Pleasant. It is truly authentic cuisine. Thanks for a great evening!!!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Local Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

A small hidden gem, tucked away in a small strip center. I suggested we call ahead but did not and got the last table. However this gem is being discovered and I suggest a call ahead as the restaurant is small. The food is outstanding, reasonably priced while the service is family friendly and very attentive. Possibly the best in the Charleston area. Definitely recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Howard P
Charleston, South Carolina
“THE REAL DEAL! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from a 16 day stay in Italy and we were so missing the food. We are more than thrilled to know that we have a place like this to go and eat at and reminisce about Italy!!!! This is the real deal folks.