“Great Italian authentic food and environment.”
Review of Cuoco Pazzo

Cuoco Pazzo
Ranked #40 of 353 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very non-assuming location in the back corner of a strip shopping center, but don't let that fool you. The inside environment is very quaint and authentic, can't be more than 10 tables. Staff were all Italian and really nice. Had great food and a great glass of wine with meal. We were 6 adults and all 6 loved their food.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Having traveled to Italy many times, I had hoped that this little strip mall place would be a magical find. I was very disappointed to find it not to be.

I ordered the Vongole Marinara for $11. For that price I received about one half the mussels I would have elsewhere. But the tomato sauce was truly superb.

Then the gnocchi, that cloud-like potato dumpling pasta that delights the soul. These were heavy, chewy and nearly tasteless. I wondered if they were mass made.

My server, a Naples-born man, was attentive, most polite, and eager. He brought me a tiny vile of homemade limoncello, a frequent custom in Italy. This had the after taste of soap. Blech.

The wine list is moderately priced and features some nice finds.

Will I return? No.

Buona fortuna, amici.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tomato sauce is very fresh - i had it on the ravioli and my wife had the special. Staff is very friendly. The location is in strip mall, so doesn't look that hot. Worth a stop.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The chef or whoever prepared this awful meal evidently had his taste buds shot off in the war...We were 8 very disappointed people.
Frankly this was the biggest food let down of our entire trip to Mt Pleasant. The worst most tasteless flavorless ITALIAN food we have ever experienced!
Firstly, The place was so crazy & tumultous we decided to take out instead of eating in there. Raging Tumult!
I had the -absolutely no taste Chicken Francese...(a special order), (cardboard with a balsa wood sauce) over blandest linguine in the world plus a second entree of Linguine w/ white clams. Small clams were ok but the pasta had no taste, I couldn't believe how bland...could have used some Garlic, parsley and some (anything) italian spices and a decent chef...

My mother had "Shrimp Scampi"- 4 embarrassingly tiny (popcorn sized)shrimp (tasted more like shrimp cocktail-tasting rather than a nice sauted in Garlic etc. and the 4 tiny shrimp was spread on a mound of no taste pasta...awful! Not worth the $16+.
My spouse had a simple angel hair and Pomodoro (plain tomato sauce) which she said she could not eat it was so salty awful...
There were 3 little pieces of garlic bread enclosed (soaked in oil and over spiced with garlic,) also inedible...

My dad had the only dish that even came close to Italian tasting -a veal parmagian (sp?)- which was all canned tomato paste - (seemingly from a can.) My daughter spit out hers-and dumped hers in the trash.
My two grandchildren had a large meatball (1) and spagetti which they did not eat and left for the dogs. (They said it was too salty)

All in all this had to be the worst ITALIAN meal we have ever experienced and we all eat out a lot...My son said "can you imagine if we stayed and ate this flavorless meal at this madhouse - My summary- I could go on but you got the message, this was garbage plain and simple unfit for human consumption...
HOW HORRENDOUS..we'll never go back there again and avoid it like the plague!

1  Thank david554
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden gem. It is in a strip mall with a noisy bar next door but do not let that deter you. The clams are the go-to dish for one of my friends. Last night I had the salad special - balsamic-marinated portabellas with Parmesan - and it was excellent as is always the carbonara. They also do a good job with veal. Kid-friendly and is overall a good meal in a non-pretentious place.