“It can't get any better than this!”

Charleston Classic Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Day Or Sunset Sailing Charters In Historic Charleston Harbor Aboard A Classic 42-foot Sailing Yawl. Special B&b Packages, Weddings, Engagements, Overnight Adventures & Water Tours.
“It can't get any better than this!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I planned a surprise trip for my boyfriend's 23rd birthday, and it turned out MUCH better than I expected. I decided to book the bed and breakfast package that included a 3 hour sunset sail. Out of all the charters that I called in Charleston, Captain Barry was by far the nicest. It was very easy to reserve the cruise and Barry sent emails that had all the information I needed. We got to invite two of our closest friends to go on the sunset sail with us, and Barry even let the birthday boy sail around the harbor for a while! The sunset was absolutely breathtaking. It was the perfect evening to go sailing. The boat is beautiful on the inside and out! We enjoyed popcorn and sailing movies later on that night. The following morning we watched the sunrise, and Barry brought us fresh fruit, fresh baked goods, coffee, and orange juice which were delicious. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. Barry and his wife Lisa treated us like family. I can't wait to book another cruise with them!!

Visited September 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Spectacular sunset sail”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family and I had just moved to Charleston, and I wanted to treat the wife and kids to a sunset night on the water. I contacted Captain Barry and made arrangements for a particular day. Once that day arrived, it became clear that the weather was not going to cooperate. The weather failed to cooperate on a number of other occasions as well, and each time Captain Barry was gracious and accommodating about making sure we would sail on the best of all possible evenings.

The weather was perfect, the sailing was magnificent, the Cythera was beautiful, the sunset was gorgeous and Captain Barry was fantastic. The only thing bad about the trip was my miscreant children, though Captain Barry insisted they were well behaved.

My wife and I are looking forward to our next trip (adults only).

Visited August 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Spectacular evening on board Cythera with Captain Barry and First Mate Lisa”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of boarding Cythera with Captain Barry at the helm for a delightful sailing venture in the Charleston Harbor and vicinity. It was a unique experience to kick off the beginning of the celebration of our 20th anniversary and could not have been orchestrated better. From the moment we came aboard to the return to shore, we were treated to a pleasurable experience that let the cares of the world slide past us. The crew manned Cythera with expert precision and provided wonderful narrative and food service. We look forward to returning and experiencing a longer journey with the crew!

Visited August 2013
texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Cythera with Captain Barry”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This was the highlight of our trip to Charleston - If you want a true sailing experience on a grand sailboat - then this is where you should stop !!!
Cythera is a magnificent boat, in pristene condition, and Captain Barry is quite the tour guide and an excellent sailor.
We took the sunset sail, and were treated to a wonderful trip for my husband and myself - We were shown things on the coastline, given time to take photographs and as a super bonus saw many dolphins!!! To see them out in the open water so close to the boat was thrilling. Also quite wonderful is the view from the boat of the Ravenel Bridge at night time - It was absolutely stunning.
Captain Barry also provided some light snacks which was a great touch, but completely unnecessary as the sailing adventure was just awesome!!
I can't recommend an experience any more than this one - it was worth every single penny!!!
Thank you Captain Barry for sharing your beautiful boat with us!!

Visited July 2013
Elgin, South Carolina
“Best experience sailing in Charelston!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We took a sunset cruise and overnight stay on the Cythera with Captain Barry. The experience was outstanding!! Their hospitality is second to none, we have been on other sunset sails in Charleston and by far this is the best most personal experience my wife and I have had.

Visited July 2012