“AMAZING”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I went here for my bday Saturday night with my mom. We sat upstairs (no wait as compared to 45 min wait downstairs) and sat in a great booth. The upstairs has a big bar and outdoor patio and was really full. I am still dreaming of our food, and can't wait to go back. I had garlic pepper chicken (I added basil and onions) and my mom had shrimp stuffed with chicken. Both dishes were soooooooo good!! My mom's scotch was a bit watered down, which was the only negative side to our outing.

• Visited April 2013

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I dined at Basil's again....and once again, I am compelled to write a fllowup to my previous review.

Basil Thai resturaunt has become one of my all time favorites even though I have never been a big fan of Thai food. I eat at Basil's a couple of times a month. I love their Tilapia and shrimp dishes. This is a well managed resturant. The quality is consistent and it is exceptionally clean, with immaculate restrooms. Having dined in a thousand or more eateries, I have discovered one often need look no further than the restrooms to determine what they might expect of a dining experience. Dirty restrooms are a universal sign of a poorly managed resturuant. Most professionally trained chefs won't tolerate sanitaion issues. I can tell Basil's attention to detail starts with the fundementals....sanitaion and food safety....immaculate. Basil's has invested heavily in creating a interesting atmosphere. They offer outdoor dining on a beautiful lagoon and the have a fantastic upscale bar upstairs that also offers outdoor seating. Basil's prices are reasonable, and their wait staff is professional. All their meals are cooked to order and you can see your meal being prepared....so allow a little extra time for your dining experience.

Visited April 2013
“Awesome place, awesome food”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

If you are in South Carolina for long enough, the great seafood and low country cooking are going to take a deservable front seat at night. But don't be afraid to take a break later in the week and head to this place. Really cool bar upstairs and extraordinary food up and down the menu. Believe them when they say the duck is special, it will blow you away! Everything is great, and don't be afraid to have them dial up the spice!

• Visited April 2013
St. Paul, MN
“A Great Meal”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Looking for a restaurant with good Thai cuisine? Well, I've got a treat for you! Earlier this week we had lunch at Basil Thail Cuisine on King Street in Charleston. We enjoyed the food so much that we decided to go to its sister restaurant in Mount Pleasant. Two restaurants with the same menu could not have been more different. The one downtown is hustle and bustle with friendly helpful staff but the one on Long Grove Drive is more low key. The staff here is also friendly and professional but the ambience is totally different; it is sleek and modern with a quiet, contemporary atmosphere. I ordered basil rolls (spring rolls) and my husband enjoyed the egg rolls. After sharing the appetizers, he ordered cashew nuts that he had had downtown and enjoyed so he ordered it again and was equally pleased. I had Pad Kee Mow on King Street, loved it but tried something different here and ordered my old stand-by Pad Thai which was very good---I ordered it mild but could have rated medium. It had a great flavor with both chicken and shrimp...could have used more shrimp, though. The basil rolls also could have had more shrimp.The experience was enjoyable and we'll definitely return to this restaurant...the Mount Pleasant Basil Thai is preferable but you can't go wrong at either place. We just preferred the slower pace and ambience of the Mount Pleasant restaurant.

• Visited March 2013