“EXCELLENT -- but slow food preparation service”
Review of Basil Thai

Basil Thai
Ranked #22 of 344 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

pros:
- good mt pleasant location in a shopping center on a lake/pond , nice view
- good interior design
-not noisy (not dead quiet either)
- great wait staff

only con was-
- service for our larger table (8) was slow (tho food arrived hot) were seated at 7:30 and started ordering within about 5 minutes , had appetizer, drinks and ordered food when we ordered the appetizer, got the main food served for everyone together at 8:50

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The service is great. The food is wonderful. The atmosphere is pleasing. What is there not to like? Located in a shopping strip area with a view of a lake, this is a good place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I love coming to Basil. The environment is very clean and modern with an Asian twist. Outside and inside seating available, and both are desirable. The menu is authentic Thai with several noodle dishes, soups, basil rolls, as well as rice choices. You have your choice of protein with each dish (tofu, chicken, beef or shrimp). My husband always gets the Basil fish, which is large enough to share. Each dish is presented very nicely, and spiced to your preference. The wine list is ample, and the upstairs bar has a great view. This is a great place to come for a special occasion or just a delicious meal. Open for lunch too!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My sister took me here when I was visiting a few years ago for my birthday. I had never had Thai food before. I had a dish with broccoli, rice noodles, soy sauce, garlic..... It was amazing! I have to go here every time I come back to visit my sister. Pad Thai is very good too. I have been trying to find a Thai place closer to home but so far, none have compared!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have eaten here numerous times. Loved the Basil Rolls, Coconut Soup, and Basil Chicken. Often use take out option as well.