“Still dreaming about the coconut cake!”
Review of Mustard Seed

Mustard Seed
Ranked #26 of 337 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Phoenix, Arizona
“Still dreaming about the coconut cake!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was visiting Mount Pleasant for the first time. On my last night there my friend & I stopped in for coffee and dessert. We had the coconut cake and the hummingbird cake, both were very delicious. They tasted fresh and moist, but I have to say the coconut cake was amazing! The server was attentive & friendly. The Mustard Seed will be my first stop next time I return to Mt. Pleasant, looking forward to trying other items on their unique menu.

• Visited April 2014

Charleston, South Carolina
“My favorite lunch spot”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is an updated review from 2012 when I showered accolades on this nothing-fancy, nondescript restaurant. But frankly there are so many restaurants in the area that I hadn't been back until recently. What a mistake! It's now my favorite lunch spot and I've made up for my absence by coming here multiple times in the past month alone. Great, fresh food. Excellent selection (like a fried green tomato-salmon-BLT). Out-of-town guests love this restaurant. Super menu. Nice folks (like Sal, the owner, and Jessica, the wait staff). Nothing but good things to say about the Mustard Seed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TravelerNorfolk
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for brunch - very accommodating!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stopped here for Sunday brunch. The lines for the downtown Charleston restaurants were just insane.... and really, the food there has yet to live up to the hype. We found this gem outside the city, and were so thrilled we did! I had the most delicious shrimp frittata, and they went out of their way to make (not on the brunch menu) black bean burgers for my vegan husband. Why this place was nearly empty, I have no idea... the food was excellent. The only reason they didn't get 5 stars was that the coffee wasn't very good. It tasted "industrial" - like the kind you get in hotel lobbies with the continental breakfast. But overall, I'd say very worth the visit. You won't be disappointed in the food. Oh, and their homemade raspberry jam is amazing!

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent lunch away from tourist areas”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch. I had the chicken pad thai and she had the black bean cakes. Both were excellent and the service was good.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Small restaurant, big flavor”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Mustard Seed offers daily specials as well as a regular menu. Delicious crab cakes and the shrimp macaroni and cheese is to die for. Save room for cake! Coconut cake is divine!

• Visited February 2014