“Bill, dinner manager - awesome guy!”

Longhorn Steak House
Ranked #96 of 331 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bill, dinner manager - awesome guy!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I don't know Bills last name, but it is important for me to say to the upper management that he is an AWESOME guy - the BEST manager of a restaurant I have ever been to. This is my story. My in-laws frequent Longhorn in Mount Pleasant, SC and he has come to know them, always sitting and saying hello and making them feel special. They had not gone for a while, and it was my mother in laws birthday so we decided to take her there......my mother in law suffer dementia now, and has subsequently got worse since her last visit. While we were sitting at the table, my mother in law insisted that we were "out to breakfast" and wanted scrambled eggs, bacon and coffee - she could not comprehend that we were out for dinner! Bill came over to say hello, as usual, and within a very short time he understood what the situation was - he GRACIOUSLY accommodated her and went back to the kitchen, and had them make her breakfast!!! Clearly, this is not on the menu, and not breakfast time! But his unbelievable accommodating personality went above and beyond what I could ever expect from any other restaurant manager I have ever met. He then sat down and talked to her and made her feel so special! She grinned from ear to ear - it was truly a wonderful, kind, and beautiful experience to see someone with such compassion and understanding. He is truly an asset to your restaurant - I hope he exceeds and and moves up to be a huge part of your management staff.....truly wonderful man. Thank you!

• Visited June 2013

Snow Hill, Maryland
“Decent food, fabulous service”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The food was decent, nothing particularly special. But I did not really expect anything special from a chain restaurant. I got a steak that was very good, but it had a cheese sauce over it that was exceptionally salty. My boyfriend got ribs that were very tender and tasty. The service was very good. I wish I could remember her name so that I could recommend her. She was very prompt and courteous. Would definitely recommend if you're in the mood for steak, but not in the mood to spend a ton of money.

• Visited May 2013
Lexington, South Carolina
“Bad service but management made it right.”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

After a long day of driving, we stopped here for dinner. We were seated right away which seemed to be a good sign. And then things went downhill. We sat for 15 minutes before someone came by for our drink order. It took another 15 minutes and asking twice for the bread to be brought out. We ordered right away for fear that we would never see our server again. My dinner salad came out right away but it took another 45 minutes for the rest of my party's food to arrive. So I sat and waited while my salad came to room temperature so we could all eat together. It was a very disappointing dinner experience.

But then my husband caught the manager and explained how badly things had gone. Instead of just listening and apologizing like at most places, he made it right. He took a large chunk off of our bill and gave us a coupon for next time. Because of that guy, we will give this place another shot next time we are in town. It was refreshing to see that the customer IS really important at this establishment. So a big thank you to the manager-guy!

“Great dinner, reasonable price.”
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

We had the salmon and the filet both were wet cooked to perfection . Great experience. Would recommend to the traveling soccer parents.

florida
“Nothing good to say”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We don't expect 4 star service or food from Longhorn, but this dining experience was especially bad. The service was almost non-existant. It took forever for a waiter to take our orders and then another 45 minutes for the food to come out and the place was virtually empty. My medium rare steak was more than well done and my baked potato was undercooked. The server never came back to see how anything was or to refill drinks. Will not return.

Visited April 2012