“Not your Brooklyn bagel,but close.”
Review of Bagel Nation Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Not your Brooklyn bagel,but close.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had decided to try a bagel in mt. Pleasant We were surprised. It was tasty. The service was fair the food was good. Not a typical bagel place but it also depends on what you are used to.

• Visited September 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Nasty and awful service”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Rudest and dirtiest staff on the planet. Bagels are good but terrible terrible staff. As a local, ill never go back to the one in MP. Ew.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank taytay12
Charleston, South Carolina
“Decent bagel sandwich....TERRIBLE wait time”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Bagels are not bad -- closest to NY that I've encountered. Sadly, the poor service and wait time takes away from an otherwise positive review. If you order anything off of the menu, plan to wait a LONG time. Whether it's a simple bagel and cream cheese or something a bit fancier (i.e. Denver Omelet Bagel) it takes forever. I've been several times and to get (1) bagel it averages 30 minutes. Prices on their baker's dozen have gone up as well. I recommend the food if you can bring your PATIENCE with you. Sorry folks, but you need to work on more speedy service.

• Visited April 2013
Hanahan, South Carolina
“best bagels in Charleston area”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I'll come here every 3-4 months or my husband as we have done for many years. I'm a local. I grew up in Mount Pleasant now live up in Hanahan in Berkeley County. I've probably tried every bagel shop in the greater Charleston area.
These bagels are the best and fresh tasting that you will find. Usually, I actually buy a few of their day old bagel bags as well if they're available and put them in the freezer which still taste good after thawing later.
It's an older establishment in a decades old shopping center and so it naturally is harder to look real clean as I have read comments from a few others who have criticized it's appearance.
Customer service is always fine to great at least in my experience.
My mother (who really doesn't like bagels) will occasionally get bagels from a place near where she works at MUSC( a hospital in Charleston). And I always tell her to come here instead. LOL. That's the truth.

• Visited February 2013
“Good alternative to just another bagel shop”
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Had two delicious bagel sandwiches which was a nice change to the typical "pick a cream cheese to go with your bagel" style shop. The customer service was not really great or terrible. My first thought when walking in was "it's just a little college town shop" and that's basically the experience we had. It was packed with locals, mostly young, and they all seemed to be enjoying their food.

kitafred, Owner at Bagel Nation Cafe, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at Bagel Nation. I am so glad you enjoyed the food. I will be working very closely with my people to improve on the customer service. Your review has helped me to realize there is a problem. Thank so much and please come again.