“Excellent Sushi and Service”
Review of Tsunami

Tsunami
Ranked #121 of 347 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tsunami is a modern Asian cuisine and sushi restaurant with a full bar where providing an exceptional dining experience is our priority. The freshest ingredients ensure exquisite meals from the fun, creative atmosphere of our sushi bar to the intimate tabletop dining in our exotic interiors. Tsunami also offers Japanese tempura, pot stickers, tataki, hibachi and other Asian dishes. We slice our fish to order and create artful presentations to please both the eye and palate. Whether on a date or with a group of friends Tsunami is the perfect place for a night out. Come experience Tsunami, a new approach to hip, sophisticated Asian cuisine.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We came to the Charleston, SC area to bring our son to The Citadel for his early Athletic Cadre and he chose Tsunami for his last family meal before "hell week". We were happy to get a table right away, the hostess was very nice and our waitress Dana was amazing. She was very kind to our son and whole family, even bought our son a dessert in support of his becoming a "knob" at The Citadel. The food was amazing, Mom and Son had Sushi and could not finish it all as the plates were large and inspiring; the younger children had chicken fingers; and I enjoyed Hibachi steak and shrimp with a very good Ginger dressing salad and Tempura shrimp. The decor is modern, very Japanese and the three Sushi Itamae (Chefs) were fun, funny and were amazing to watch. The entire experience made our emotional "last supper" a lot of fun and happy! Dana was the best waitress and overall we were very happy! Cannot wait to visit again during football season this Fall!

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

My friends and I eat at a different restaurant each week for lunch and by far this was the most awful of all the places we have eaten. The service was bad- all of our meals came out at different times, no drink refills, one meal that never came, and the chicken in the chicken bowl was not edible. Yuck!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

the happy hour prices are good for the quality and quantity of food you get - "adult" beverage prices are also good during happy hour - but I could not imagine paying full price for their 4-5 piece fried appetizers.

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I came in today to have lunch and sat myself up at the bar. It took 5 before I was even greeted. Mind you I was 1 of 2 sitting at the bar. Server couldn't find the house vodka so he poured me a higher brand without offering it for the same price. I ordered a fried crab wonton appetizer which took 20 minutes to arrive - cold and way too fried. Meanwhile, still waiting for my server to grab his attention from doing nothing and ask for a refill, just to be sure I didn't lose his attention again, I quickly closed out and left. No one said thank you or goodbye and it was very unwelcoming. I can see why this place is empty.

1  Thank Jdubya128
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our family of four each ordered a different dish and each enjoyed their selection. That being said, there were no "wow's" here. So, if you want a solid asian restaurant, this is a good bet just don't expect anything more than that, which is okay.