“Perfect place for quiet getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
Old Village Post House Inn
Cary, North Carolina
“Perfect place for quiet getaway”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to use as a quiet retreat for family members in town for medical emergency. The staff was wonderful in helping me get a room and offering to ask another party to exchange their larger room with me. This was over and beyond what you could ask for in customer service. We had a quiet stay on the third floor.
The Old Village Post House Inn is beautifully decorated, comfortable, and clean. Sorry to say I did not get to eat there this time. Will make a point to do so next visit. It looked and smelled divine.

Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife, a friend, and I went here for supper, not knowing what to expect, trusting on the reputation of Maverick Kitchens (S.N.O.B.). Most of the reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp have been good, but there were a few bad reviews (pretty typical with any restaurant). First my dish: the special Spiced-rubbed Butchers Steak (tenderloin from the upper shoulder) with risotto was one of the best dishes I’ve had in a long time. The meat was amazing and the risotto was perfectly cooked. We’ve had about 10-15 lunches at S.N.O.B. over the years (admittedly not dinner), and this blew away any dish I’ve had from there.

My wife had the Pan Roasted Grouper with corn custard, okra, micro greens, and citrus vinaigrette. She wasn’t as ecstatic as I was but was very pleased with her dish. Our friend, a vegetarian, had the vegetable plate. She was also very pleased with her dish.

Our wine was a Super Tuscan… the Brancaia “Tre.” It was excellent. We had the same wine at S.N.O.B. It’s much cheaper at the Post House. Lower overhead, no doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donhu
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

We did not stay there, but had brunch there and it was fabulous!! It was one of our best meals. The service wasn't as quick as we are used to, but I think that's a typical Deep South kind of thing ;).

I had the French toast and a Bloody Mary. The French toast was honestly some of the best I've ever had and I am a connoisseur! My boyfriend had eggs Benedict that he loved also. The biscuits were also scrumptious!

The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. It is not cheap, however, it is worth every penny and truly not unreasonable for that caliber of food.

Go there! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This place is worth every minute you have to wait to get a table and every dime you spend when your done! We enjoyed 3 courses and each one was fabulous. The GM treated us like we were the special guests of the evening. It was by far the best dining out experience this family of 3 from Tennessee has ever enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AmandaMB
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Yogi Berra famously once said something like,"Nobody goes to that restaurant any more, the line's too long to get in." We live near The Old Village Post House, and our favorite seating is in its tavern, but we are frequently "shut out." We will never stop trying to get a seat and do not intend to discourage the reader of this. The place has two floors of dining rooms, so you will (with a reservation) be able to have their fantastic food. Chef Frank Lee may well be the God Father of all Charleston chefs, and all of his food is world class.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LocalCitizen3939
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Living in Mt. Pleasant, SC we sometimes miss the truly exceptional venues for dinning in this town. Just across the Charleston harbor we have some of the top fine dinning restaurants in the country. However, this past Monday my wife organized a surprise birthday dinner, for me, with five of our friends (couples) at the Old Village Post House Inn. What a great time and super value this restaurant was! The 12 of us dinned, with cocktails and appetizers, for under $650. The food was fantastic, the Duck Breast would melt in your mouth, and our server Cubidge (old family name) was the best he was in and out almost transparent but there immediately when you need something.

The Post House Inn in the Old Village is one of those tucked away places that people may overlook. If you are looking for great food, fantastic service, in an environment where you can actually talk with your dinner partners without screaming, don't miss this one.

Thanks for a great Birthday dinner darlin!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

The Post House is a quaint spot. A gem for travelers in the Mt. Pleasant area. Shem Creek and Sullivan's Island are nearby for dining. Also, nice spot to take a walk is Shem Creek Park. The staff was helpful and accommodating when I requested to drop off my luggage early. I plan to stay here again!!!

• Stayed March 2013