Old Village Post House Inn
US$177
US$158
Shem Creek Inn(Mount Pleasant)
US$193
US$169
Official Hotel
US$144
US$193
US$169
Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
US$112
US$98
SleepInn
Best Western Patriots Point(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$112
BestWestern.com
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$118
ComfortSuites
Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$113
Red Roof
US$202
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$153
All reviewsyogurttop floorwonderful staymountbathcharlestonkeurigclosethousekeeper
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Mount Pleasant is one of those special enclaves and the Old Village Post house is at its heart.

High quality B&B with a very friendly team. Take a stroll along the village Streets and dont forget to eat outside at the Post House, weather permitting.

Golf at Patriots Point is a must-do.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I needed a place to use as a quiet retreat for family members in town for medical emergency. The staff was wonderful in helping me get a room and offering to ask another party to exchange their larger room with me. This was over and beyond what you could ask for in customer service. We had a quiet stay on the third floor.
The Old Village Post House Inn is beautifully decorated, comfortable, and clean. Sorry to say I did not get to eat there this time. Will make a point to do so next visit. It looked and smelled divine.

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

The Post House is a quaint spot. A gem for travelers in the Mt. Pleasant area. Shem Creek and Sullivan's Island are nearby for dining. Also, nice spot to take a walk is Shem Creek Park. The staff was helpful and accommodating when I requested to drop off my luggage early. I plan to stay here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Old Village Post House in mid-October for 2 nights.

We had intended to stay elsewhere, but had to change our plans due to a sick dog, and when we went to rebook our original choice was sold out.

All I can say is boy did we get lucky. We drove by our original choice during our stay, and although it looked nice enough, the location was much less attractive as far as what it offered - much less.

Everything at Old Village Post House is top notch - from the location, to the inn, to the staff, to the rooms, to the food.

Location - This is IT. If you want to experience a charming Mount Pleasant and be within walking distance to lots of things, look no further. In the quaint "old village" part of Mount Pleasant, where there is a Rexall, a great Bakery that is more than a bakery, and a few other cute shops, the inn (itself a beautiful old building that has been fully and tastefully renovated) is surrounded by beautiful old homes, and the water. We spent much of our first day just walking around the Village, looking at the homes, and walking to the water. Shem Creek is just a short bit away to have lunch/dinner/drinks on the water. Pitt Street Bridge is also a very short distance - a great spot for a beautiful view of downtown Charleston. You are also only minutes from downtown Charleston by car and easy access to the rest of Mount Pleasant and Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms.

The Inn/rooms - The inn has been renovated top to bottom, and is extremely tasteful and comfortable. One of our favorite spots was the outdoor courtyard, where we had breakfast every morning, and dinner one night. Our room, even though one of the least expensive, was very tastefully done with every comfort we could have wanted. We loved the guide that was provided with the history of the inn, and information on the area. We loved the wine glasses that were provided, the comfortable bed and the beautiful wallpaper in the bathroom and most of all that it was clean (pet peeve of mine). Being on the second floor, there was a bit of noise form the dining room, but nothing we couldn't sleep through. I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again as it's great value, but for anyone sensitive to noise at night, I would book the third floor.

Restaurant - We loved that there was a restaurant as part of the inn. And not just any restaurant but a highly regarded one. Great commute to dinner. There is a dining room, plus a tavern area, which is great if you'd like to be a more casual, as well as the courtyard. Breakfast is included in the room, and Sunday offers an outstanding brunch, included as well. We ate dinner here one night and everything was perfect. Really great food and service. We never felt rushed.

Staff - I always say that staff makes a place - that is if the room and location are also up to par. But a beautiful place with non-responsive or dismissive staff can really spoil what could have been a great experience.

The staff - every one of them - at the Old Village Post House are friendly, professional and superbly on top of their game. This is one well-managed inn/restraurant. Nothing was too big a deal for them - or if it was, it was never evident. They were there to take care of us, and twe felt very well cared for there.

Details count, and it's the little things that make a difference and that you remember. We ate dinner there on my birthday, and they surprised me by putting and candle in and paying for my dessert. Although not a big expense to them, it was the gesture that mattered, and that is so lacking in most places these days. I had not told the wait staff it was my birthday, I had mentioned it to the person who took our dinner reservation, who had passed it on. You feel special staying here.

The young woman who checked us in and made our dinner reservation, (who is from Salisbury, MA and whose name escapes me!) who I believe is the manager - is wonderful. Excellent at her job. Polished, warm, and professional. She is a real asset to Post House. I hope she never leaves!

My husband and I have stayed in Charleston, and many places around the world, and the Post House is at the top of our list for overall experience. The prices compared to Charleston are astoundingly less expensive, and the service much better and friendlier.

Now that we have found the Old Village Post House, we will not stay elsewhere when visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, choose a room on the third floor rather than the second.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We wanted to visit Charleston but were delighted to stay a little bit away from the tourist hustle and bustle. This perfectly met our needs. Nice staff, great room, perfect location. The breakfast was not great, but with so many restaurants in Charleston, we were happy to eat out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple