“Great lunch spot”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Have been there twice for lunch. Had the Mac and cheese (yummy dish) and the shrimp po boy ( w/ fried green tomato). These were different from what we are used to and we loved this place. We are regulars at another restaurant by this owner and he has hit the nail on the head with this place.

1  Thank Wythe
SalParco, Owner at Long Point Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thanks for the nice review of Long Point Grill! So happy that you tried the mac and cheese, it's the best in town. Thanks for your loyalty and hope you'll dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

After a long day of travel from the upstate of SC to Mt. Pleasant with multiple stops, we finally reached our destination mid evening. Long Point Grill was recommended by the owner of our bed and breakfast.
We were not disappointed. My wife had crab cakes which were superb and mashed potatoes and wilted spinach. I had the tuna special with sushi grade tuna over an unexpectedly flavorful butter bean succotash. The service was very good and the kitchen was visible to the diners.
If you are enjoy wine, they had a special half price the night we were there. We passed on dessert which we found out was a mistake when we arrived back at our inn. So the next day we decided to go there after lunch with a friend for dessert. We got pecan pie, coconut cake and hummingbird cake for the three of us. All were god but the hummingbird cake was the best. Not only was it god but we arrived 15 minutes after lunch closing and they still we glad to give is to go boxes since they were unable to serve us in the restaurant.
With that kind if service and excellent food, I will be back and I would recommend it to anyone who will be in the Mt. Pleasant area.

1  Thank D Lee G
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stopped in on Saturday evening for dinner, First we ordered Calimari, as it is my grandsons favorite of all time, they are 2 and 5. gone before you knew it. The the entrees. I had the BLT Scallops, wonderful full of flavor. MY son had the Porterhouse pork chop, Wow, nicely cut wuth brussulls sprouts,red oinin relish. My daughter-in-law had the pistachio crusted chichen,which was juicy and tender. This was my fourth time here and not been disappointed, and don't think I will.

1  Thank kganley626
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We go to Mt Pleasant monthly to visit our children. This is one restaurant we ALWAYS choose at least once while there. Kyle, the manager, is great and the food is fabulous. We love the pistachio crusted chicken, the short ribs, the list goes on....Anytime you see a restaurant in a tourist location filled with locals, you know the food is good!

1  Thank Lovetogomore
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This restaurant is just outside of Charleston, on the south side.
It's not on the main road out of town, but it's not far away, probably less than 1 minute. It's worth the stray.

We ordered the Smoked Cheddar Tomato Pie and the soup of the day, which was remnant of French Onion Soup, although they called it a different name. Both were very good, but the Tomato Pie was incredible. I had no real expectations, other than I had heard it was excellent. It lived up to its reputation. This is a must try!!!

We also ordered the Gorgonzola Walnut Stuffed Chicken. What about this doesn't sound good. It was the perfect ensemble of flavors with it's sweet potatoes and cherry balsamic reduction sauce. Scrumptious!

Service was good. We sat at a table outside around 7pm, so the sun was coming down. This made it a little hot. But I imagine when the sun is not bearing down, that outside would be a very nice spot to sit and dine.

I definitely recommend going out of your way the 1/2 mile or so on your way out of town. I do believe it will be worth your time and effort.