“Eat where the locals eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Charleston's Cafe

Charleston's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 327 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Charleston's Café has been serving the area's finest and most unique breakfast, lunch, and brunch cuisine for decades. Recently voted as East Cooper's Best Brunch restaurant, the great neighborhood café is one of Charleston's top family-run café and catering companies, implementing a delectable twist on traditional southern fare and friendly southern hospitality. The lunch menu features a selection of salads & sandwiches. Be sure to check out "the social scene going on and enjoy the creative dishes" as featured on the Food Network's Hungry Detective.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Eat where the locals eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was recently in Mt. Pleasant, SC (Charleston area) and asked a colleague about a good place for breakfast. He recommended Charleston's Cafe and I am glad he did. This is definitely a "locals place" tucked away in a strip shopping center. I doubt I would have ever found it if not for the hearty recommendation.

I am a traditional breakfast guy and usually stick to a couple of eggs, sausage and some grits. However, the menu in this Cafe featured some very interesting combinations with a distinctive Southern flair. They have fried chicken and waffles, build your own omelette, cinnamon rolls and a variety of specialty items like crab cakes and eggs and Southern Benedict featuring fried green tomatoes, eggs and a hollandaise sauce.

The homemade biscuits were quite good and are apparently made on site. If you find yourself in the Charleston area do yourself a favor and eat at the Charleston Cafe. The lunch menu also looks interesting. I think I will try that on my next visit.

• Visited July 2014

“Great service and exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect end to a family vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful with all of our questions. We had a member of our family with a food allergy, and our sever, Erin, helped navigate the menu and make the best choice to avoid any issues. Erin served a party of 13 and a baby like a pro, and all of our food came out together, hot, and correct. Now, about the food... It was the best food we had in Charleston. Between all of us, we had a sample of almost everything from the menu, and everything exceeded expectations. Great service and exceptional food. When we come back to Charleston, we will be making multiple stops to this wonderful cafe. Compliments to kitchen and staff to a wonderful visit.

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

There was four in our group and every dish was excellent. We had the Ambers choice, omelet, low country shrimp and grits (best I ever had) and the bread pudding french toast. To think we almost didn't wait, sure glad we did. The food and service is worth the wait!

Visited June 2014
Belchertown, Massachusetts
“delicious breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

One of the best breakfasts I've had! Delicious sweet potato biscuits complemented the house special "chipper". This is a pile of toppings over some fried potatoes. I was told it was a specialty so I gave it a try and I'm glad I did. I had the one with shrimp and creamed crab.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kwake04
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good food, the orange cinnamon iced tea was great, but I felt the price was too much for the atmosphere.

Visited June 2014