“Nice service, OK food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Nice service, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

As every chain restaurant, don't expect to get the little special things that make the experience great. Nothing wrong either. Everything is clean, service is good, but nothing exciting.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nicoCT

Charleston, South Carolina
“Birthdaynight out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

To be honest, as far as Japanese restaurants go this one is not the worst nor the best. But not a bad place to go if you're not expecting any special. The show itself is old and stale and could really stand to be revised. I've seen the same show several times over the past 10 years and to be honest, if you've never seen it you will enjoy, but after 10 years it does get old. My only issue with the place is the attitude of the workers when you call for reservations. On my last trip I called and was really treated poorly and was even hung up on. I called back and ask for the manager and was hung up on again. The only reason I kept my reservations was my daughter feels a birthday dinner here is a special treat. I dont think I will be back until her birthday next year.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank neilmcmullen
Charleston SC
“Average time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

4 of us visited for someone's birthday. I found that the food options were very expensive, and the 'show' put on by our cook was supremely lackluster---in fact, he appeared to be very bored and acting from a script. The atmosphere & experience was was disappointing. The food was just "okay".

Visited September 2013
“Awesome chef!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My chef with an orange hat was the best ever! I've been all over and he was top notch. His food and entertainment was great! I'm from New York and been to many Japanese steak house everywhere and he was my favorite of all time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
“Gone downhill...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

It has been a while since I have eaten here. Went back tonight and was so disappointed. Potions were half of what they used to be. Still rush you to get out in order to seat the next group. They're still throwing shrimp as part of their show, and still have that squirt bottle of a little boy both which I find repulsive. Really disappointed. Not sure if Ill be back.

Visited July 2013