“Great Teppenayaki”

Dining options: Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Teppenayaki”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes, the decor is a bit tired, but our chef was entertaining and lots of fun. We were a party of 10 and all of us were happy with our meal. We had everything; chicken, shrimp, scallops, filet mignon, and it was all cooked to perfection and very tasty. The ginger salad dressing was a bit watery and I'd skip the pot stickers (gyoza). We will go back for an entertaining, interactive evening!

• Visited May 2014

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Nice service, OK food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

As every chain restaurant, don't expect to get the little special things that make the experience great. Nothing wrong either. Everything is clean, service is good, but nothing exciting.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nicoCT
Charleston, South Carolina
“Birthdaynight out”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

To be honest, as far as Japanese restaurants go this one is not the worst nor the best. But not a bad place to go if you're not expecting any special. The show itself is old and stale and could really stand to be revised. I've seen the same show several times over the past 10 years and to be honest, if you've never seen it you will enjoy, but after 10 years it does get old. My only issue with the place is the attitude of the workers when you call for reservations. On my last trip I called and was really treated poorly and was even hung up on. I called back and ask for the manager and was hung up on again. The only reason I kept my reservations was my daughter feels a birthday dinner here is a special treat. I dont think I will be back until her birthday next year.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank neilmcmullen
Charleston SC
“Average time”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

4 of us visited for someone's birthday. I found that the food options were very expensive, and the 'show' put on by our cook was supremely lackluster---in fact, he appeared to be very bored and acting from a script. The atmosphere & experience was was disappointing. The food was just "okay".

Visited September 2013
“Awesome chef!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My chef with an orange hat was the best ever! I've been all over and he was top notch. His food and entertainment was great! I'm from New York and been to many Japanese steak house everywhere and he was my favorite of all time.

• Visited September 2013