“Fantastic Sushi”

Dining options: Dinner
Canton, Ohio
“Fantastic Sushi”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I are new to the Charleston area and were looking for good sushi. This place was recommended to us by several people. The recommendations and the previous Trip Advisor reviews were spot on. We had a fabulous meal. My wife and I had the Sashimi Platter, Bulgoki Chicken, and Gyoza. The Sashimi was awesome. Very fresh and a wide selection of fish. We can't wait to return.

• Visited August 2012

“Quality and quantity”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover. I read all these reviews, good or bad, from people who are sushi gurus or whatever experts to simple people that enjoy a good meal. I can tell you I live sushi in general, but theirs I loooove! Every time we travel and I Am in the mood for sushi we check out a place and than decide:"oh, we can skip sushi for this trip, b/c we have our sushi in Charleston!". We love this place no mather what everybody says. The sushi has to be the best quality, b/c anybody with good taste buds can realize this is a really great sushi. We go there for nearly five years and we were never disappointed. The owner's daughter always serves us and remembers I like huge amounts of ginger. And she brings a lot. I never had a complain. I have been to fancy restaurants and I have been disappointed by food or service or both. Of course, if you like your surroundings more than the food than by all means you can skip it, but I really prefer good food over fancy walls. I have been to one of the most fancy sushi rest in Atlantis, Bahamas, I won't say it's name , it's not the right review for it, and I Wouk just rate it average. The OG's sushi is fresh, at the right temperature and always in abundance. The best thing I think I like about their sushi is the fact that you taste the fish and not some weird and mayo based/creamed cheese filling that absolutely covers the simpleness of a meal.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Best sushi in Charleston!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Without a doubt, the best sushi in Charleston and the rolls are enormous!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have visited the Oriental Gardens often as it’s a great place for sushi take out. The food is extremely good and from me, regarding sushi that says a lot as I won’t eat if from just any place. The restaurant itself has limited seating and is not fancy by any standards. I would not consider this a “First Date” type of place. However, the service fast and courteous and the people are extremely friendly. The price is average for the amount you are served but the taste exceeds nearly every other sushi place in town.

Visited November 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“BEST sushi in Charleston! Price is great and rolls are HUGE!!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This is the best "hole-in-the-wall" for sushi! The atmoshphere isn't great, but the sushi chef is quick and super friendly!! We usually just get the take out since it's busy every time we're there. It's no wonder! Fresh sushi in huge quantities for cheaper than any other sushi place? It's a no brainer! Who cares about the run down appearance, or the small booths... You go there for the yummy sushi! :)

• Visited January 2011