“friendly staff”

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Got off to a bad start as had asked to upgrade as we had booked in the UK via Thomas ilan option - I was a bit rude initially to the receptionist and apologised after which was accepted and she was helpful and pleasant with advice re restaurants /places to go etc It was good to have a pool although as we were overlooking the pool and some people decided to sit and chat till the early hours it had its disadvantages. I felt the accommodation needed an upgrade and wasnt as nice as the other Red roof we had stayed in.

Room Tip: pleasant looking out over the pool but beware of noisy neighbours !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sillyboyz
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your business and want you to know that we apologize for not being able to provide you with an upgraded room. I hope to see you during a return visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was dingy checked out three rooms finally found one acceptable during the night woke up too horrible smell realized in am it was smelly old spot on carpet this place could be so nice if they would take the carpeting out we checked out early the staff was very pleasant said eventually all the rooms will have wood floors we won't be back till the floors are replaced otherwise clean and great flat screen tvs great area in mt pleasant

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MiMIFlorida
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

I wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns and apologize for the carpet odor. We are scheduled for a complete renovation late this year and hope that you will come and experience our new rooms! I was pleased to know that you were treated with the great customer service and clean room that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights during a trip to Charleston. I initially arrived at the hotel very late at night, only to be told by the desk clerk that she was not able to find my reservation because her computer was not working. She also said the hotel was fully booked, although the parking lot appeared less than half full, and the clerk was able to provide a room to a couple who arrived while she was trying to find my reservation, even though they did not have a reservation (hmmm?). After making a few phone calls, the desk clerk was finally able to locate my reservation. Throughout my time at this hotel, most of the desk clerks accommodated the one or two requests I made and responded to my questions, but did so in a perfunctory manner, never smiled, and gave me the sense that they did not especially enjoy working there. The one exception was a woman who was at the desk during the day (perhaps the manager?), who was very pleasant and helpful. The room I stayed in was fine, although if I had paid full price, it would not have been worth it (I happened to get a significantly reduced rate on line.). On a more positive note, my room was cleaned quite well on a daily basis (I should say that my cleanliness standards are very high, even OCDish.). The hotel is conveniently located in a residential area that is about a five minute drive from downtown Charleston, with numerous chain restaurants and box stores nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Cindy6179
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I will share your comments with my entire staff. We pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms. I will definately look into the less than friendly attitudes you encountered to ensure that does not happen again. I hope that you will choose us again for any future travel needs.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Great place to stay, As soon as I walked in the front door I felt welcomed. This was my first trip to Charleston and the hotel staff was wonderful. The rooms where very clean and comfortable. I ate at all of the restaurants that the that the hotel staff recommended and I was very pleased, Halls Chophouse was amazing. I was very happy with my stay and I can't wait to come back, Thank You

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your stay in Charleston. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with the exceptional service and clean rooms we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back for any future lodging needs.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

the motel is just over the bridge from Charleston. You can take the boat to fort Sumter right down the road maybe one mile. you can also take the water taxi to Charleston from there. rooms kept very clean great cleaning staff.

Room Tip: nice pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. You are a valued guest and we look forward to serving you again in the near future for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel 3 nites. The office staff was extremely helpful. The room was ok but the beds were awful. They were extremely low to the ground an very uncomfortable. The carpet also had holes in it an was in serious need of repair. Cleanliness wise it was just ok...whole hotel needs a good cleaning outside an in. For approx 100.00 a nite I expected more. On a good note it is just over the bridge from Charleston.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. It is greatly appreciated and allows us to take into consideration our choices when upgrading the property. I wanted you to know we are scheduled for a complete renovation later this year and look forward to serving you in your future travel needs.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Everything about my room was clean - the floor, the walls, the bedding, the furniture, and most of all, the bathroom. Spotless. The location is far better than most Red Roof Inns - completely safe and extremely convenient to Patriots Point - just one traffic light and you're there. Free coffee in the lobby all day. This was my third year staying at Red Roof for the Charleston Race Week Regatta, and I will likely be back next year.

There are a few downsides to mention: the outside entrances mean more noise and the walls are pretty thin. The A/C unit was excessively loud. And they do allow pets and smoking, so be sure to get a non-smoking room if you don't. I wish I could reserve a "non-pet" room as well to avoid allergy problems, but no chain seems to do that. And finally, their check-in/check-out computer system was unbearably slow - you could tell even the staff were frustrated with it (but kept a friendly attitude about it).

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn year over year. You are a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you again next year.