Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
North Charleston Marriott(North Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleandowntown charlestonhardwood floorsflat screen tvharris teeterice machinesullivan's islandpatriots pointisle of palmsclose to downtowngreat place to stayravenel bridgeenjoyed my stayair conditionerparking lotnice poolshem creek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in Mt. Pleasant. The best thing about this hotel is the location... Very close to the bridge (to get downtown), Patriot's Point and other attractions, restaurants, etc. Our room smelled like rotting food and our bed didn't even have pillows! I had to call and ask the staff for them. The carpet was sticky, the bed was ancient and uncomfortable and I felt like I needed a weapon when I saw some of the other guests hanging around. We saw police three times within two days of staying here. This hotel needs mega renovation and a discount to be mildly appealing. Do yourself a favor by spending an extra $30 and go to a nicer place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nilsight
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

I wanted to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us in Mt Pleasant. This is a very safe area and our local police force have a great respect for all of the area hotels and patrol regularly. I wanted you to know we take our guests comments seriously and will address the issues. Our property is scheduled for a complete renovation later this year and I invite you back to The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant to experience our upgraded clean comfortable rooms and our superior service.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Got off to a bad start as had asked to upgrade as we had booked in the UK via Thomas ilan option - I was a bit rude initially to the receptionist and apologised after which was accepted and she was helpful and pleasant with advice re restaurants /places to go etc It was good to have a pool although as we were overlooking the pool and some people decided to sit and chat till the early hours it had its disadvantages. I felt the accommodation needed an upgrade and wasnt as nice as the other Red roof we had stayed in.

Room Tip: pleasant looking out over the pool but beware of noisy neighbours !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sillyboyz

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your business and want you to know that we apologize for not being able to provide you with an upgraded room. I hope to see you during a return visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was dingy checked out three rooms finally found one acceptable during the night woke up too horrible smell realized in am it was smelly old spot on carpet this place could be so nice if they would take the carpeting out we checked out early the staff was very pleasant said eventually all the rooms will have wood floors we won't be back till the floors are replaced otherwise clean and great flat screen tvs great area in mt pleasant

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MiMIFlorida
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

I wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns and apologize for the carpet odor. We are scheduled for a complete renovation late this year and hope that you will come and experience our new rooms! I was pleased to know that you were treated with the great customer service and clean room that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights during a trip to Charleston. I initially arrived at the hotel very late at night, only to be told by the desk clerk that she was not able to find my reservation because her computer was not working. She also said the hotel was fully booked, although the parking lot appeared less than half full, and the clerk was able to provide a room to a couple who arrived while she was trying to find my reservation, even though they did not have a reservation (hmmm?). After making a few phone calls, the desk clerk was finally able to locate my reservation. Throughout my time at this hotel, most of the desk clerks accommodated the one or two requests I made and responded to my questions, but did so in a perfunctory manner, never smiled, and gave me the sense that they did not especially enjoy working there. The one exception was a woman who was at the desk during the day (perhaps the manager?), who was very pleasant and helpful. The room I stayed in was fine, although if I had paid full price, it would not have been worth it (I happened to get a significantly reduced rate on line.). On a more positive note, my room was cleaned quite well on a daily basis (I should say that my cleanliness standards are very high, even OCDish.). The hotel is conveniently located in a residential area that is about a five minute drive from downtown Charleston, with numerous chain restaurants and box stores nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Cindy6179
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I will share your comments with my entire staff. We pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms. I will definately look into the less than friendly attitudes you encountered to ensure that does not happen again. I hope that you will choose us again for any future travel needs.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Great place to stay, As soon as I walked in the front door I felt welcomed. This was my first trip to Charleston and the hotel staff was wonderful. The rooms where very clean and comfortable. I ate at all of the restaurants that the that the hotel staff recommended and I was very pleased, Halls Chophouse was amazing. I was very happy with my stay and I can't wait to come back, Thank You

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your stay in Charleston. We are pleased that we were able to provide you with the exceptional service and clean rooms we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back for any future lodging needs.