on 3/10/14 I reserved a premium king room at this establishment and I received my confirmation email stating thats what I had reserved. Me and my wife drove 4 hours to this hotel to check in on 3/29/14. We called the hotel around noon to see if our room was ready to check in to the woman at the front desk said it was not and to check back in 30 minutes. I called back in 30 the woman said it would not be ready for another 45 minutes. an hour later we arrived at the hotel and the woman said checkin is not till 2pm and the room was still not ready. we came back at 2:08 and the woman at the front desk calls on the walkie talkie to the maid who did not respond. the woman stated "well will give it a shot heres the keys" we go around to our room the maid is currently cleaning it. we wait in our car patiently then when the maid leaves i confirm with her that the room is ready. I walk in the room and its a double bed. I'm upset this is not what i reserved. I go to the front desk I say you have given me the wrong kind of room i show her the email that clearly states "premium king" the woman says well we dont have that kind of room available because someone here decided to stay another night. I explain to the woman that doesnt make any sense I have a reservation the people here before stayed over without one they should have had to choose the lesser room if they were going to stay since I had the reservation. The woman says well you can call the cops and handle it yourself if you like and have them removed. I tell her thats ridiculous. She says well at least you have somewhere to stay the whole area is booked up (she was correct about the area) she says if you like I can refund your stay and you can leave. I tell her thats what we will do then because at this point I dont feel safe staying in a hotel that tells me to call the cops and have a tenant removed. Me and my wife check the surrounding area no hotels have rooms. Were forced to drive all the way back home ruining our 1 year anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget hotel in Hilton Head that is recommended for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Mount Pleasant Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Red Roof Inn