“Do not bother making a reservation” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Suwanee, Georgia
“Do not bother making a reservation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

on 3/10/14 I reserved a premium king room at this establishment and I received my confirmation email stating thats what I had reserved. Me and my wife drove 4 hours to this hotel to check in on 3/29/14. We called the hotel around noon to see if our room was ready to check in to the woman at the front desk said it was not and to check back in 30 minutes. I called back in 30 the woman said it would not be ready for another 45 minutes. an hour later we arrived at the hotel and the woman said checkin is not till 2pm and the room was still not ready. we came back at 2:08 and the woman at the front desk calls on the walkie talkie to the maid who did not respond. the woman stated "well will give it a shot heres the keys" we go around to our room the maid is currently cleaning it. we wait in our car patiently then when the maid leaves i confirm with her that the room is ready. I walk in the room and its a double bed. I'm upset this is not what i reserved. I go to the front desk I say you have given me the wrong kind of room i show her the email that clearly states "premium king" the woman says well we dont have that kind of room available because someone here decided to stay another night. I explain to the woman that doesnt make any sense I have a reservation the people here before stayed over without one they should have had to choose the lesser room if they were going to stay since I had the reservation. The woman says well you can call the cops and handle it yourself if you like and have them removed. I tell her thats ridiculous. She says well at least you have somewhere to stay the whole area is booked up (she was correct about the area) she says if you like I can refund your stay and you can leave. I tell her thats what we will do then because at this point I dont feel safe staying in a hotel that tells me to call the cops and have a tenant removed. Me and my wife check the surrounding area no hotels have rooms. Were forced to drive all the way back home ruining our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: make sure the room you book is actually going to be there before you waste your time coming here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
I wanted to apologize for not having the room type available that you reserved. I would like to try and make this right if there is anyway possible. Please contact me directly at the inn to see if we can somehow make up for your ruined planned vacation. My direct number is 843-884-1411 extension 402.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The Red Roof Inn chain has done a great job remodeling it's rooms and this location is no exception. New beds, new furniture, light fixtures, and great vanity area. The wall mounted flat screen TV and wood-like floors are also a nice touch. Another great feature are 4 outlets built in to the night stand for charging smart phones. Had an issue with the bathroom fan, but when I called the office, they fixed it fast! They do have plenty of coffee in the lobby but I do prefer a pot in the room. Superior room and priced less than surrounding rooms. Also in a great location near Shem Creek and Patriots Point. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you choosing the Red Roof Inn. We are happy to know you enjoyed our upgraded rooms. This is great location and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. You are a valued guest and we look forward to serving on your next stay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Clean rooms. Newly remodeled...laminate floors instead of nasty carpet like so many hotels!
We were pleasantly surprised. New flat screen wall mounted T.V's and comfortable beds. ( We stayed in a room with 2 double beds). Joann made sure our room was ready when we arrived. She did a great job. We love staying in Mt. Pleasant when we visit the Charleston area. The prices are lower and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful Charleston area. I will be sure to share your comments with Joann and the rest of the Mt Pleasant team. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms and superior service. We are proud to know we were able to deliver this motto and will continue to strive to increase our commitment.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pro's:

The Hotel is located right next to the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge-so great & easy access to downtown Charleston.

There is a shopping Center located next to the Red Roof in-has 2-3 restaurants, a Starbucks & Harris Teeter.

Has a pool

Con's:

Limited TV Options
Weak Wi-Fy Signal
Hotel while remodeled is starting to show wear & tear

Overall is a good option for those wanting to be close to downtown Charleston, without paying downtown prices.

I would go back again, but I also would recommend looking at other options as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jkkelly230Clearwater
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. Our location is ideal while visiting the beautiful historical city and charming beaches. We appreciate you sharing your experience while we always work to improve our product and services. We offer clean and comfortable accommodation's at a reasonable price. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Red Roof we have ever stayed at. Restaurants within walking distance, nice grounds, very clean rooms and no pet fee. Additionally you are very close to the Charleston historic district.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with us. We are pleased to know you were able to experience our great location and clean, updated rooms. We hope that you will choose us again on your next visit.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were in town Valentine's weekend for the Sportsman's Classic. Charleston hotels are so expensive, so we looked to Mt. Pleasant. I used hotels.com to book a room at Red Roof Inn, so we didn't pay a ridiculous amount. We stayed in a room with a king size bed and a view of the pond in the back of the complex. From the outside, this hotel doesn't look like much, but they've done A LOT of upgrades to the rooms. From the inside, you'd never guess you were at a Red Roof. There is no carpet, so you don't have that musty hotel smell. There was a big flat screen TV, really contemporary furniture and plumbing. The bed was really hard though, so we didn't get the best night of sleep. But the hotel is right off the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge which is very convenient to both downtown Charleston and the Isle of Palms.

Room Tip: No elevators and stairs are not convenient, so I would ask for a ground floor room. You can request...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Raychel G
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was disappointed to learn that your bed was not comfortable. We greatly appreciate you letting us know while we continually work to improve our services and ensure our guests experience is nothing less than great. I hope you will visit us again on your future travels to the low country.
Russellville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Young lady at check in was very pleasant to talk to. Room was very clean and roomy. Very pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know coming to this area. Also is very close to the best restaurants and downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: I would recommend the top of the line room, it has a work area and is very roomy. Worth the little e...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Red Roof Inn. We are pleased to know we were able to accomaddate your needs and provide you with a great value and a clean comfortable room. Our location is the best whether visitng the downtown area of Charleston are traveling to one of our local beaches. We look forward to serving you soon on your next visit.