“A winner everytime!!”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“A winner everytime!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

For years my family has come to Charleston to visit and for years have stayed at The Red Roof Inn. Close to the beach and downtown Charleston. The property is well kept, the new rooms are very nice and the staff is great! The manager is a very sweet lady. She greets us whenever she sees us and ask about our stay. Great price too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LandL2
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We value your business and are
pleased to know we have earned loyal customers. Our location is perfect for touring the Charleston area. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is our go to hotel every time we visit Charleston! The staff is always friendly,very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. You can not beat the location, nor the price to stay. We have never had a problem with cleanliness. My only complaint was the ice machine wasn't working during our last stay, but I'm sure they will take no time to fix it! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate you taking the time. I always wanted to let you know, the ice machine has been repaired and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again, and we look forward to accommodating you and your family on your future visits to the beautiful Charleston area.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here a couple of nights while visiting family for a weekend in Charelston. This is the second time we stay at this location and we love it. The location is excellent and the staff was very helpful. They have a customer for life...

Room Tip: All rooms are great have stayed on 1st and 2nd floors...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for always choosing Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. You are a valued guest and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to your next stay and it is always our pleasure to serve you and make sure your visit is a pleasant one.
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

on 3/10/14 I reserved a premium king room at this establishment and I received my confirmation email stating thats what I had reserved. Me and my wife drove 4 hours to this hotel to check in on 3/29/14. We called the hotel around noon to see if our room was ready to check in to the woman at the front desk said it was not and to check back in 30 minutes. I called back in 30 the woman said it would not be ready for another 45 minutes. an hour later we arrived at the hotel and the woman said checkin is not till 2pm and the room was still not ready. we came back at 2:08 and the woman at the front desk calls on the walkie talkie to the maid who did not respond. the woman stated "well will give it a shot heres the keys" we go around to our room the maid is currently cleaning it. we wait in our car patiently then when the maid leaves i confirm with her that the room is ready. I walk in the room and its a double bed. I'm upset this is not what i reserved. I go to the front desk I say you have given me the wrong kind of room i show her the email that clearly states "premium king" the woman says well we dont have that kind of room available because someone here decided to stay another night. I explain to the woman that doesnt make any sense I have a reservation the people here before stayed over without one they should have had to choose the lesser room if they were going to stay since I had the reservation. The woman says well you can call the cops and handle it yourself if you like and have them removed. I tell her thats ridiculous. She says well at least you have somewhere to stay the whole area is booked up (she was correct about the area) she says if you like I can refund your stay and you can leave. I tell her thats what we will do then because at this point I dont feel safe staying in a hotel that tells me to call the cops and have a tenant removed. Me and my wife check the surrounding area no hotels have rooms. Were forced to drive all the way back home ruining our 1 year anniversary.

Room Tip: make sure the room you book is actually going to be there before you waste your time coming here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
I wanted to apologize for not having the room type available that you reserved. I would like to try and make this right if there is anyway possible. Please contact me directly at the inn to see if we can somehow make up for your ruined planned vacation. My direct number is 843-884-1411 extension 402.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The Red Roof Inn chain has done a great job remodeling it's rooms and this location is no exception. New beds, new furniture, light fixtures, and great vanity area. The wall mounted flat screen TV and wood-like floors are also a nice touch. Another great feature are 4 outlets built in to the night stand for charging smart phones. Had an issue with the bathroom fan, but when I called the office, they fixed it fast! They do have plenty of coffee in the lobby but I do prefer a pot in the room. Superior room and priced less than surrounding rooms. Also in a great location near Shem Creek and Patriots Point. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you choosing the Red Roof Inn. We are happy to know you enjoyed our upgraded rooms. This is great location and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. You are a valued guest and we look forward to serving on your next stay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Clean rooms. Newly remodeled...laminate floors instead of nasty carpet like so many hotels!
We were pleasantly surprised. New flat screen wall mounted T.V's and comfortable beds. ( We stayed in a room with 2 double beds). Joann made sure our room was ready when we arrived. She did a great job. We love staying in Mt. Pleasant when we visit the Charleston area. The prices are lower and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is truly a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful Charleston area. I will be sure to share your comments with Joann and the rest of the Mt Pleasant team. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms and superior service. We are proud to know we were able to deliver this motto and will continue to strive to increase our commitment.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pro's:

The Hotel is located right next to the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge-so great & easy access to downtown Charleston.

There is a shopping Center located next to the Red Roof in-has 2-3 restaurants, a Starbucks & Harris Teeter.

Has a pool

Con's:

Limited TV Options
Weak Wi-Fy Signal
Hotel while remodeled is starting to show wear & tear

Overall is a good option for those wanting to be close to downtown Charleston, without paying downtown prices.

I would go back again, but I also would recommend looking at other options as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jkkelly230Clearwater
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. Our location is ideal while visiting the beautiful historical city and charming beaches. We appreciate you sharing your experience while we always work to improve our product and services. We offer clean and comfortable accommodation's at a reasonable price. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again.