“Good place to stay with dogs but beware of hidden safe fees” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good place to stay with dogs but beware of hidden safe fees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went to the beach for a long weekend getaway. We always stay at Red Roofs when we travel with our dogs. That is definitely a bonus to be able to bring them along. The room was good and clean. A little small over all. King size bed was very hard. We thought it was a nice touch to have hardwood floors though especially with the dogs/sand from the beach-easy clean up. The internet didn't work one night. It was noisy-we could clearly hear a drunk neighbors phone conversations while talking outside on her cell phone. Also, we didn't have a fridge or microwave in our room but we did have a safe, which we didn't use. When we got home and checked our credit card bill we discovered that we were charged daily for "safe fees". We called and these charges were taken off, but we wonder how many times they get away with this? Seems to be a scam going on.

1 Thank AVLFUNCPL
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you choosing the Red Roof Inn Plus Mt. Pleasant. We appreciate you sharing your comments while we continuously work on improving our services. The safe is a privacy issue but we will absolutely not charge you if this is an amenity you do not use. I would also like to take this time to let you know we offer a variety of room types including deluxe doubles and premium king rooms that offer a micro/fridge and snack daily. I hope that you will visit us again and experience one of our premium rooms on your next stay. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Front desk not manned 24/7. No bathrooms outside rooms; when one occupant is using room bath, there's no where for other occupant to go. No elevator for those who can't use stairs. We are 80 and 73 and our room was on second floor. Had to make four or five trips to second floor to get luggage, etc. to room. Had to hold onto rail to keep from tripping/falling. No special accommodations for physically challenged.

Pet friendly position more important than beig physically challenged friendly. Worry about dogs sleeping in beds and leaving fleas, contaminating bedding.

Hard to find this place.

Will not stay at another Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Check out elevator status; additional common bathrooms.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I sincerely apologize for not being able to get you a downstairs rooms. We do have ADA rooms that can be reserved to ensure you are receiving exactly what type of room you need. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that you will contact me directly @ 843-884-1411 in order for me to research your stay. Thank you.
Sumter
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel for our anniversary based on location, price, and a positive recommendation from one of her coworkers who used to live in mt pleasant. We will be leaving tommorow morning and my wife and I are thinking her friend could not be talking about the same hotel. It is now about 1am and we are both itching severely and after reading other reviews I can't help but think it has to do with cleanliness of the sheets. Our towels also had a foul odor. When we went to the pool there was broken glass and cigarette butts on the deck so we did not swim. The wifi is not working, when I asked front desk for a solution they directed me to an itt 800 number that gave no solution. Oh by the way don't bother calling front desk because some of the phones don't work as was explained to me, when I had to go down instead of ringing from the room. Paper thin walls, and some sort of infestation, mites, bed bugs seem to be keeping us up, so I might as well use this opportunity share this experience.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I want to sincerely apologize for the WIFI and phone problems. We were able to get our WIFI back on line as of 4pm 6/24/14. I am currently working with our telephone provider to get this is straightened out. This is not a normal practice, we were hit by lightning and have been working endlessly to get everything repaired. Thank you for sharing your concerns, I can only hope you will come to the front desk to discuss any housekeeping problems since we were not aware you were not comfortable. We hold our team to very high cleanliness standards and will ensure that the room is clean and comfortable. You can contact me directly @ 843-345-6262.
Johnson City, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This used yo be our favorite place to stay. The upgrades are great but the cleaning staff is awful. The hotel chain has upgraded all the rooms which is wonderful but things will go down hill fast with the terrible job the cleaning staff does each day. Upon our arrival the lady at the front desk went to check if our room was clean. She came back and said it was ready. When we got there, the carpet had not been vacuumed under the beds in a long time. Crackers from the previous guests were left under the chair and the floor was so dirty is turned our socks black. The maid only left us one washcloth and two towels. We had three guest in our room. Everyday I had to go to the front desk and ask for wash clothes and towels. When I complained, she only left us one towels. The safe in the room did not work, we got charged $1.50 daily for use. Maintenance never arrived to fix the safe. We had the charges removed upon checkout because the safe was not useable during our stay. I must say that we are very disappointed because we were excited about the upgrades and looked forward to our visit. I wish we had stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning supplies and towels
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very disappointed that my staff did not meet MY expectations and standards. This is in no way acceptable, Please contact me @ 843-884-1411 to discuss further and allow me to correct this situation ASAP. Thank you sincerely for bringing this matter to my attention.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We traveled to SC for a vacation and wanted a reasonable place to stay that was convenient for all the touristy stuff to do. We knew we would be out all day and just needed a place to rest our heads at night. We were very pleased with this hotel. Our rooms were right by the pool (which was a delightful, clean pool with nice patio tables to relax and chat at). We were with another couple, so it was nice to have this common area to meet and relax in. It would have been tight to try and all squeeze in a room to sit together and talk. The rooms had just been remodeled and were very well kept, clean, and I loved that the sink was in a different room than the toilet/shower (makes a family getting ready in the morning so much more efficient). Staff was very friendly. Despite being right off JD highway, it was very peaceful and quiet at night (it's actually set back from the road a bit). There's a Harris Teeter grocery store, Starbucks, and yummy Sticky Fingers restaurant within walking distance. It was pretty close to Patriot's Point and the pier under the bridge as well (would want to drive there though). We thought it was a great deal for a room right in the heart of things. 10 minutes and you're in down town. 15 minutes and you can be at Palmetto County Park (which we loved picnicing at). I would stay there again without reservation.
Why 4 stars? There was one day that our maid didn't service our room. We grabbed pool towels and just moved on. I could have called the front desk, but choose not to-so that problem could have been resolved if I weren't so tired. The RRI sent a survey and I reported this so the manager is already on top of it. I was very impressed to get a response from an online survey within 12 hours of taking the survey.
Overall, I was very impressed with RRI and can say we enjoyed our vacation so much because of having such a great central place to be. Staff was all very nice. Rooms were clean and I love the NO SMOKING atmosphere.

Room Tip: By the pool if you want to walk out to a patio to relax!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so very much for sharing your great experience while visiting Red Roof Inn Plus Mt Pleasant. We are proud of our renovated rooms and superior service. Our location is ideal to visit all Charleston has to offer. We hope to see you again on your future travels to this area.
Varnville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for a quick trip to the Charleston area. The counter staff was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. Even though they were booked solid, it was very quiet. The location was great. We attended a wedding at Harbor East, which was about a 5 minute drive from there. Shopping and resturants are nearby also.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We are so happy that you choose to stay with us and took the time to share your experience. It is our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again on your next visit.
Greeneville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I decided to take a quick trip to Charleston and found this place nearby in Mount Pleasant (It is literally right over the bridge from Downtown Charleston). It was clean and adequate for one night. The staff was average (and check-in was quick) and the beds were just so-so. Also, the air unit in the room clicked on and off ALL NIGHT and was very loud and distracting and made some weird noise for about 5 minutes each time it cut off. The walls are thin and you can hear everything going on outside of your room. I would probably stay here again if other hotels are not available. As I noted, very clean, but I did not sleep well at all. I did like the great price and close proximity to Charleston.

1 Thank Lori L
Thank you for taking the times to share your comments about your recent stay to the beautiful city of Charleston. I am pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our great location and reasonable prices! We take pride in the quality of our rooms and work continuously to improve our product and services. I apologize for the inconveniences and will focus on getting any concerns addressed. Thank you again and we hope you will choose Red Roof Inn Plus on your next visit to Charleston.