“Great stay at Courtyard.”

Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Dublin, Ohio
“Great stay at Courtyard.”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We had a great stay at the Courtyard in Mount Pleasant. It was conveniently located for driving into Charleston and to Isle of Palms. They have a wonderful pool that we also enjoyed. The room had a sleeper sofa and mini fridge-plenty of space.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Harrisburg, NC
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed here with my wife and son, just a weekend getaway to go to Isle of Palms beach and Charleston. Mount pleasant is an excellent location. Only about 20 minutes to downtown Charleston and about the same to the beach at Isle of Palms. There lots of shopping and dining choices along route 17 in Mount Pleasant right in the vicinity of the hotel and there is easy access to and from the highway.

The hotel itself is very nice. Classy, well kept interior. Very nice pool area with hot tub, gas fire pit outside too! Just a nice relaxing atmosphere.

I was worried at first because there is a banquet room, and there were some major parties going on down there when we checked in, complete with DJ and pounding music. When I got upstairs and realized my room was pretty much right above where the parties were, I was nervous. But much to my surprise, from the second floor, I could not hear a single sound coming from below!

The room itself was very nice. 2 comfy queen beds and plenty of space to move around. I used rewards points, so I can't comment on the price at all, but if you think the price you're getting is fair, I definitely recommend this hotel. The staff were very pleasant to deal with as well.

Overall a great stay and will stay here again without hesitation the next time we're in the area. My only complaints - no complimentary breakfast, which is a pretty standard amenity in hotels (even cheap-o ones) these days; and there is only 1 channel on the TV for kids (cartoon network) and even that one often has shows on that aren't appropriate for little ones. Nick or Disney would have been nice. Thankfully we had some DVD's with us! :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nafstejyn
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here only one night while travelling through the area. This is a very nice Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My fiance and I do a lot of traveling, and Charleston is our favorite destination. We weren't able to find any hotels in the downtown area, so we chose the Courtyard in Mount Pleasant. The location wasn't the greatest, but the hotel itself was gorgeous! We loved all of the trees and plants outside, and especially the torches near the entrance. It looked very welcoming. We had a standard king room which was perfect for what we needed. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice, and we enjoyed the view of the pool. The only two things I wish could have been different would be the location, and the fact that breakfast isn't included in the rate. Other than that, it was a great hotel and we would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed at this property for five nights in May of 2011 and found it to have everything I was looking for including clean rooms, helpful guest service, and solid location.

It is located just a couple miles from the Arthur Ravenel bridge on the other side of the harbor from Charleston. The commute to downtown Charleston only takes 10 to 15 minutes, but you'll need a car to make the trip. There is a Wal*Mart and a plethora of convenience stores in the area to fill up the mini fridge in the room and save a few bucks. Free parking and free internet help save money as well!

There's an outdoor pool which is nice for the typical SC hot summer days. as well as a nice firepit (although it was 95 degrees outside the whole week, so I didn't partake). There's complimentary coffee, but the breakfast buffet is $11 and just so-so.

There's plenty to see and do in Charleston/Mt. Pleasant, but Myrtle Beach and Savannah are just a couple hours away in opposite directions. The airport was about a 20 minute drive on a Friday afternoon. Overall, a great place to stay if you're looking for solid value just a short distance from the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Saint Robert, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I had originally booked a historic inn, in Charleston. I wasn't sure if that was the route I wanted to take due to the parking and several questionable reviews of the inn. I found the Courtyard through TripAdvisor and was glad to see they had the prepay special. I booked the room, paid in full, and saved almost $400. We arrived before check-in time, but were able to check-in early with no issues. The room was nicely decorated and was very clean. The only negative about the hotel is the noise from the floor above us. We were asked at check-in which floor we wanted, we should have said third floor. We will stay at this hotel again, it is just too convenient not to.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 12 May 2011

After viewing the ridiculous rates of historic district/downtown Charleston hotels we decided to stay out in Mt. Pleasant, about 10 minutes out of downtown. Glad we made this decision. The Courtyard Marriott in Mt. Pleasant is a pretty place and in a good location to shopping and restaruants, and some attractions. We stayed 2 nights. The breakfast buffett ($9.95) was very good. Our room had plenty of amenities. Especially liked the comfy bed and the free Wi-Fi.
Only 2 small negatives. First, I don't think our bathroom floor had been mopped before we arrived because I could see footprints from a pair of sneakers on the floor. Second, no drink machine in the hotel, nor the market store in the lobby had any soft drinks that were no sugar and no caffeine. Per.haps the hotel could give attention to this latter issue

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple