Patriots Point Links on Charleston Harbor
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Golf”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent course. Good views of the harbor, good breezes usually and a beautiful 17th hole. Has carts if you like and will allow walking. Usually not to hard to get a tee tie.

Visited June 2014

San Diego, California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great pace”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had 3 groups for part of a bachelor party and it was great to get us all back to back. The pace of play was perfect to get in and out in 4 hours, a long with a number of stops from the cart girl to grab beers and food. The price was very good for a large group. They were able to accomodate 3 groups back to back with only a weeks heads up. Course is well kept and it has some nice views along the coast.

Visited May 2014
Delavan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Patriots Point Ship Tour”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

What a wonderful experience to actually see the Aircraft Carrier "Yorktown" and its history. We especiallly enjoyed seeing the planes my husband flew iduring his tour of duty. Brought back some asome memories. The history of the USS Laffey was also very interesting. We also enjoyed the different informative videos on both ships. Did not get to visit the submarine but will sure be on our list next time we visit the area.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank gwDelavan
Texico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“If you like history.....”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Here we saw airplanes on a ship. The planes were from years ago, and each held a significant spot in history. We took a tour of the ship, and there were many educational things to see, short videos, pictures, audios, and includes uniform representing the periods in history.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tiki L
Charleston, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Views”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Patriots Point Links is a scenic golf course that is located just minutes away from downtown Charleston. The course itself is very playable, with wide open fairways and few forced carries. The course itself is completely flat, with almost zero elevation changes.

The greens are in good shape, especially given the amount of rounds played. One thing I have noticed is the abundance of ball marks on the greens. I guess tourists don’t care enough to repair their divots.

The fairways tend to be quite bumpy, which is apparently due to the fact the grounds used to be cow pastures. This can create a bumpy cart ride and some tricky lies, with the ball being either above or below your feet while you are right in the middle of the fairway.

The views of the harbor simply cannot be beat. If you are visiting the city for the first time, Patriots Point is a must visit. The featured hole on this course is #17, an island par 3 that allows a full panoramic view of Charleston Harbor. This is a tricky little hole and depending on the wind can be anywhere between a 5-iron and pitching wedge.

The wind coming off the harbor is almost always a factor and can often times be difficult to judge. Also the course doesn’t seem to drain well, and if there is a significant rain storm expect there to be standing water all over.

Greens fees and food & beverage are a little high for the shape the course is in, but the views offered are spectacular and demand a premium. This course is certainly on the easier side from the forward tees and good for beginners. The back tees lengthen the course significantly and offer a much more reasonable challenge.

The only knock I can come up with for this course is that as a single with a cart, I was instructed by the starter to take my bag off the cart I was given and share a cart with another single. I certainly don’t mind pairing with strangers, but if I've paid my greens fees and cart fees I feel that I should be able to drive my own cart.

Visited March 2014