“Fresh and flavorful ”

Five Loaves Cafe
Ranked #21 of 348 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: In the Crickentree village shopping center off of HWY 17 and Anna knapp blvd Locally sourced foods using anti-biotic free meats, gluten free and vegetarian friendly menu.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Have been wanting to try 5 Loaves and finally had the opportunity to enjoy dinner. The menu is nicely balanced and the food is fresh with herbs and many choices including evening specials. Enjoyed the pasta/crab dish, Caesar salad and even a Greek quesadilla. Have to try their soaps and salads for lunch next. Kelsey provided great service along with the rest of the team at 5L.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a place to go for lunch if you are looking for good simple food in a vibrant atmosphere. Selection of soup changes daily along with daily specials. The main menu offers a nice selection of salads along with large variety of over sized sandwiches served on ultra-fresh bread.

We got there just before 11:30 and it was very quiet. By 12:00 the crowed arrived and the place was hopping. Even though it was very busy the service was spot on.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a restaurant not to be missed. Lunch dinner, whatever...I eat out a LOT, and I have been back to this spot five times.
This is not a fancy upscale place, but it is pleasantly comfortable, and the servers are knowledgable Without a doubt the food is consistently the star of the show here.
I have been for lunch 4 times and dinner once, and every time it was just plain delicious. It is also quite reasonable

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been to both branches of this restaurant and the food was very good each time. They have quite a few homemade soups every day and they all great. I bought a quart of one to take home last time I was there. I usually get a half sandwich and soup when I go. The sandwiches usually have a little twist to them but are interesting and good, I think their breads are homemade
We were with friends to attend the Spoletto Festival and so went to both locations, one downtown and the other in Mt. Pleasant just outside of Charleston..

1  Thank Skier444
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My 91 year old mother is hard of hearing so when we go out, we generally go to places with outdoor dining because they are quieter. That was our initial attraction to Five Loaves which has an outdoor patio area tucked in a little courtyard. But it's the menu that brings us back. A wonderful assortment of creative, fresh options. We went this week with my daughter and nieces who all loved their meals, including the 13 year old who asked that her (yummy) Greek quesadilla have everything but the cheese removed (sacrilegious!). They were very accommodating. I highly recommend.