“wonderful food & nice atmosphere”
Review of Red Drum

Red Drum
Ranked #32 of 344 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pherigo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We eat at Red Drum every time we visit Charleston & we are never disappointed. The food is always delicious and the wait staff is attentive. I will say that I was a little frustrated at our last visit. We had 5 ladies & 1 toddler. The restaurants policy is if you have a table of 6 or more tip is automatically add to the bill. We were a party of 6 but the toddler didn't get a meal or a drink she just sat there so charging us tip was pretty ridiculous!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I am late writing this review but I dined there with friends several weeks ago and I must say I was so pleasantly surprised.The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly. We had come to celebrate a birthday and we were not rushed in the least. We had a lovely meal and one friend and myself ad the fish special which was just delightful and perfectly prepared. My other friends choose the shrimp tacos but the best was the generous serving of corn pudding served in the husk. It was wonderful. Since it was a birthday we had two desserts... we loved the donuts on a skewer with the cream sauce. I would definitely come back to escape the crowds in Charleston.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Food over priced, over cooked and the menu is old.. Who is still paying for chips and salsa? 30.00 pork chop, old, hard and over cooked came with some nice and bitter swiss chard. The corn pudding for 6.00 was good but only 2 bites. cheeseburger, well done after ordering it med rare... clams for 15.00, 7 clams, and some texas toast. Service is good, restaurant is old. This used to be a bustling place.. Was empty on a Friday night at 7pm... RUN. 2 appetizers, 2 glasses of wine, one cheeseburger and one entrée for 120.00... And, it was bad.

1  Thank lisabaker
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Food was okay at best and really overpriced. Had shrimp Taco's and my wife had a salmon salad. We both had a beer and spent $60 with tax and tip. Our service was fine but it was just disappointing overall.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a great dinner! I had the steak Fretis and my wife had the Grouper. It was excellent. The beer selection was good too. Band was setting up at 9pm. Sorry missed that. Do your self a favor and give it a try. Has valet service.