“Real Italian Cooking; Mostly Locals Who Don't Do TripAdvisor”
Review of Bacco

Bacco
Ranked #38 of 331 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Charleston, South Carolina
“Real Italian Cooking; Mostly Locals Who Don't Do TripAdvisor”
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

We eat at Bacco frequently, sometimes at their great Happy Hour, but mostly at a white table-clothed table for a fine dinner. The owner-chef is the real deal, and nothing is served that is not true Italian and very well cooked. The low ratingis not deserved and is hopefully not manipulated. Many Italian food lovers declare that Bacco (a few miles over the bridge from Charleston) is the best Italian restaurant in the entire Charkeston area. Put it on your A list.

2 Thank LocalCitizen3939

Charleston, South Carolina
“Slow down and enjoy the food!"”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The interior of this Italian restaurant is set for fine dining, pretty tables and fabulous paintings on the wall. We eat there often, slowing down to enjoy the house made mozzarella and pasta made by chef Michael Scognamiglio. Yumm!

• Visited November 2012
South Carolina
“The North End of Boston in Mt. Pleasant!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I've been living in South Carolina for 6 years now, and have been in search for a real good Italian Restaurant. My wife and I found Bacco by accident, and decided to go there for lunch (we have since been for dinner too!). Before I continue, I have to mention everything is House Made (Pasta, Cheeses, Sauces, Desserts, Bread). If it is not House Made, the chef either uses local ingredients or imports his ingredients from Italy. When we go for lunch I usually get a Panuozzi, which is an Italian Rustic Sandwich. But, I've also had the Gnocchi Sorrentina a House Made Ricotta Gnocchi dish which is very light and delicious. One other time, my wife and I had the Eggplant Ragu Pizza which was an additional luncheon special. O listen for those additional specials, you'll be presently surprised. During dinner time we had the fire roasted mixed olives as an appetizer. My wife had the Lasagna Bolognese, I had the Pappardelle al Telefono which is House Made wide pasta with fresh tomato basil sauce and House Made Mozzarella. For desserts I also highly recommend the Panna Cotta and Tiramisu, but if you like a chocolate dessert with a little spice definitely get the Budino alla Modica. The Budino is not always on the menu, because as the waitress explained to me, "it takes forever to make". There are other Italian restaurants in the Charleston area which I've tried, but If you want true Italian food which is House Made go to Bacco! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank sherlock1952
Charleston, South Carolina
“The Best home made Italian”
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Well, michael the Italian chief
Puts his magic into All his food.
From home made mozzarella to fresh
Calamari; you cannot beat the quaint atmosphere of Bacco and the freshes
Italian fare! Bon Apitito!

1 Thank Tessa B
Columbia, South Carolina
“Intimate Atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have dined here several times and had enjoyable experiences each time. I have found that the fettucini bolognese is tastier than their lasagna and if I can't get the panna cotta then I won't order a dessert since they do that dish the best of all the other desserts. It has an intimate atmosphere which is better for couples than families. The tables are close together and conversations from fellow diners are easily overheard. Since the square footage isn't spacious, if there is a large table of diners, request not to be seated near them because the noise level can get towards unbearable with a lot of people dining there at the same time. They have a nice bar which is a good place before or after dining. I look forward to my next visit with them.

• Visited April 2012