“Never again”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Clearwater, Florida
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this motel for 1 night in April, although we had originally made reservations for 2 nights. We just had a very poor nights sleep the first night, we DID NOT stay a second night. It is an older motel, and although they say that they have been remodeled, it was poorly done. There was NO coffee (machine broke) in the breakfast area, the garbage can was over flowing in the very congested breakfast area. Breakfast area was unorganized, not well stocked or cared for. Very slow internet connection. Their was a leak in our toilet, shower was hard to turn on and off. The worst was the noise, we could hear the noise from other rooms, PLUS we heard an engine noise running all night long. Which kept us from getting a good nights sleep. The pool looked like it needed some attention as well. Older hotel no elevator.

Room Tip: Don't recommend this motel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petite3
PriyaAP, General Manager at Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Petite3,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Flagler Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I called and reserved two handicap accessible rooms. My husband and I traveled with a friend. I was told each room had a shower with a seat, grab bars and two beds and were next to each other. I told Tamika, the woman taking my reservation that it was important that I got accessible rooms and was assured I would have them. When we arrived we were told that they only had two handicap accessible rooms and they were occupied. I showed my confirmation letter and they gave us keys to two rooms which the person at the desk insisted were handicap accessible. Not only were they not accessible rooms, they were not next to each other either. The toilet was very low, there was a bathtub/shower and no holding bars. I complained and they offered to help find us another hotel, but we just wanted to rest and not go looking for another motel not knowing what we'd find, so we stayed. When I checked out I asked if they would at least give us something off the price of our room. The person at the desk said she'd check with the manager but no offer was made. In fact I never got to speak with a manager even though I asked many times. After I returned home I e-mailed the Clarion main office and this is part of their answer:

"I feel regretful that you encountered these problems during your visit and that your comfort level was compromised. I will bring your comments to my team during our next meeting so they can see for themselves where some improvements are needed on all of our parts. I do again apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while with us. We did offer to help you find accommodations that suited what you needed, and you declined. We have made some adjustments on our team due to the grievous error that was made. I again send my sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding in room amenities."

I'm glad to have helped them get their act together but I do feel some compensation should have been offered. When you are promised one thing and it is not forthcoming SOMETHING should be done to compensate for their mistake!

They do have a free breakfast and it has eggs and bacon freshly made and a waffle maker. But the room is very small and cramped. There were so many people and the eggs and bacon were very slow in coming out.

On the positive side, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you need a handicap accessible room, DO NOT believe them if they tell you you will have one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AMKaloha
Dear AMKaloha,

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

rooms were clean and quiet. Great location to Patriot's point, charleston......front desk staff very nice.Good choice of restaurants near hotel.....short walk to Ravenal bridge park, etc.
Breakfast was OK but got very crowded.

Room Tip: Rm 122 had best shower pressure!!!! but, faces the parking lot.....
2 Thank pvclarke57
PriyaAP, General Manager at Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear pvclarke57,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly appreciate your business and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our proximity to many great attractions! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Easley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently had a bad experience at a Clarion Inn, so when this was the only place with availability I was apprehensive. But I have to say we were pleasantly surprised! The desk clerk, Katrina, was so awesome! The breakfast was great! The rooms could be a little cleaner; however, they have been recently remodeled. The pool area was clean and very nice. The location is great. Visit the park and pier behind the hotel!

1 Thank Buffy P
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Katrina. We are very lucky to have her as a part of our team! We hope to see you again soon the next time your travels bring you to the Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant area!
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The staff is what made our stay excellent. Each person, Swantelle (General Manager), Mars (front desk), Housekeeping & the Restaurant Manager were very friendly, polite, professional & accommodating. They took excellent care of me & my 18 month old little man". They also took great care of my family who had approx 10 rooms booked for a wedding. Swantelle, in particular, made sure we FELT like a family here with no worries or stresses. Thank you all, Staff, for your kindness. The ONLY suggestion I have is to go ahead and remodel the tub too! :-)

Room Tip: We got room 119 which was perfect to be able to walk out the door onto a walkway & lawn with pic...
1 Thank PattiLou2014
PriyaAP, General Manager at Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Patti,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Swantelle, Mars, Shana, and the rest of our great staff. Our staff truly believes in making sure each and every one of our guests enjoys their experience with us. Having your wonderful family stay with us was a pleasure and hope we see everyone again very soon! Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home for the wedding weekend in Charleston.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and this is one of the better ones at this price. Great location, just minutes from Charleston and some good restaurants close by.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank heffr0
Thank you very much for your great review! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our wonderful staff for a job well done. We are very happy you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and all the great restaurants and attractions nearby that makes our location perfect for trips to Charleston. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you on any future trips to the area.
Holt, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. The hotel has started renovations but have not completed them. The tub was horribly stained, I'm sure it was clean but sure didn't look it. It was disturbing to find out that the smoke alarm was not working! Also there was a large crack under our door which any critter could have come in and visited that we stuffed with a towel. When we reported this to the staff they did offer a 10% discount off the room. Don't think I would stay here again. Kathy S. MI

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy S
Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied on your stay with us. We have already begun a process of refinishing many of our tubs to make sure that our guests have an enjoyable bath experience. We routinely check our smoke alarms for proper functioning and will be sure to rectify the problem experienced in your guestroom. We hope to see you again on any future travels to the area.