“Slow play” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of TPC of Myrtle Beach

TPC of Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Showcasing characteristic Low-Country water features and impressive course design, the Tournament Players Club of Myrtle Beach was developed by the PGA to be a tough tract suitable for tour play.
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Slow play”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Played on Saturday, 5/18. The most disappointing part of this round was the fact that it took 6 hours. Every shot we were waiting, sometimes up to 10 mins. Not once did we see a marshal on the course. I expected more, especially for a TPC course. The fairways weren't in the best shape, but the greens were in good shape. For the price, I would have expected the fairways in better shape. We played 4 other courses over 5 days and all were in better shape, even those at $50/round versus the over $125 'privilege' of playing a TPC course.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scott W

Evanston
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Well Worth the Cost to Play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Fairway conditions could have been in better shape with the rains that they had been experiencing but the course played well. Hit a good shot and you are rewarded and hit a bad shot and you are ... The Pro Shop was very helpful with our group.

Visited May 2014
McKean, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It's a TPC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We were unsure what to think about TPC before golfing there. All of the mixed reviews didn't help much, but the experience was great. The course offered challenging bunker placements as well as offering different shot making opportunities. While course could penalize you for bad shots, it also provided enough room to go for the gusto and pull out some incredible shots. It was difficult but allowed for the ability to save your hole even with a not so perfect drive. Staff for the most part was helpful.

Chestnut Ridge NY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“All the hallmarks of a top course, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was the first course I played on my first trip to Myrtle Beach. The weather was on the cool side and it has been a wet spring so the course was not perhaps in its best shape. The grass on the fairways in particular was pretty thin, but the sandy turf makes for good contact. The sand in the bunkers was not at all in good shape, poorly manicured and not of even consistency. The greens, on the other hand, were very good and rolled true. They are on the fast side, but not punishing. They are also very firm, and it is hard to get shots to hold unless really well struck.

The staff was professional and polite, if not exactly warm. The clubhouse and facilities are very nice.

Overall, the elements are of good quality, but thinking back on the round there is not a single memorable hole or shot. It's not a course I would make a point to play again, unlike the other two that we played on subsequent days (Caledonia and The Dunes).

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MrFriday
Lincoln Park, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely magnificent course and reasonable price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Me and 3 buddy's flew down from Michigan to get out of the snow and sub zero weather to play some golf on a 100 dollar a round budget. TPC was a perfect choice seeing as we were only staying 2 days and wanted 36 holes for under 200 bucks combined. I know I'm going back but only when no boundaries are in affect for the carts. And here's my complaint. It was cart path only on a late February Thursday afternoon after a previous day of rain. The ranger was a complete jerk that either had special needs or felt like being a jerk! Nobody in our foursome is a scratch golfer but we all shoot in the 80s. This guy would follow us everywhere, stand at the green on our approaches and stare at his watch! Constantly tell us to speed up and yell across the fairways or greens, even in our back swings. We never once dropped another ball, used a mulligan, or lolly gagged around. We shot 18 in 5 hours including stopping in at the turn for a bite to eat and while playing with cart path rule enforced for the day. I'm sorry but if I pay 100 dollars for a round, I'm not gonna stop looking for my ball and take a stroke cause of a drop for a ignorant ranger. Nothing worse on a golf course than feeling rushed. I really hope somebody sends this guy packing cause he has no business being a ranger at TPC! 82, 84, 88, and 91 was our scores so he needs to know who's pros, and who's average golfers. I thought 5 hours was good timing but what do I know? I'm just a guy who spends his hard earned money to travel 600 miles to be rudely treated by a jerk that probably can't break 100 on a 18 hole par 3 course!

Visited February 2014