“Great place, often overlooked!”
Review of Twelve - CLOSED

Twelve
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2013

First: extremely pleasant staff and owners.
Second: quiet background music - you can actually have a conversation
Third: Food is high quality and reasonably priced.
Fourth: Happy hour prices in the bar area. $3 win, $2 house liquor.
Fifth: great variety on the menu.
Sixth: Open for lunch AND dinner every day but Sunday!

1  Thank DebT920

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Heard about this place from some local friends and decided to give it a go. From the minute we walked in I knew it was a mistake. No customers were in there! we were seated and noticed the plates and glasses on the table were stained or dirty. I wasn't sure if we had been seated at a dirty table. Our server (heavy set girl) was nice but her srrvice was slow. Took forever to get a couple drinks from the bar. My wine was ok buy husbands drink was made incorrectly. No need to make a stink of it we were hungry and just wanted to eat. Salads were small and the dressing tasted bad/sour. I ordered the grouper which was extremely blackend and dry and my husband ordered the ribye which was over cooked. I'm shocked that people are paying these kind of prices for the quality of food they are putting out. It chaps my butt when I go out to eat and leave dissatisfied. Especially when I feel like I've been taken for my money. I would not recommend this place either. Whoever is writing all these good reviews are probably the owners themselves. Save your money!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Had dinner there this past Wednesday with a party of 12. Had two waitresses serving 3 couples apiece. Service was suspect, not what it should be. Wait time from when order was taken to being delivered to table was unacceptable. Had mussels, order was imcomplete due to fact 1/3th. of mussels were not open. Caesars salad with schrimp was warm with only 4 schrimp. Not what you would expect from this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The dining area is very rustic. Our table was an antique given the fact that the shellac on top was so old it was sticky. The wine list is Ho-Hum with no real stand outs. We started with a crab cake. It was served with a Remoulade that had a different taste to it. Not what I expected, but the cake cake had very little filler. My bride ordered the Saratoga Rib-Eye covered with garlic and Parmesean. She ordered it red in the center, but not cold. We would call that medium rare, but explained it to the server since many people have different definitions. It came out medium well. I ordered the Blackened Grouper. The blackening was very spicy as it should be, but the fish was way overcooked. Don't think we will go again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The diners who gave recent reviews must have been dining in a parallel universe because Twelve is nothing less than horrible. We walked in and there wasn't a host/hostess and it took the bartender about five minutes before he said he could seat us. He explained they were "short-staffed" (on a Saturday night at 7:30!?) We should have left but we met another local who said this was a great find so we wanted to try it. As we walked past several tables of miss-matched furniture with vinyl tablecloths we noticed that a majority of the tables were not bussed and left dirty from past patrons. The bartender wanted to seat us next to the kitchen where no one else was sitting….the reason being these were the only clean tables. I asked if we could sit in the main dining area and he looked perplexed. He said it would be a few minutes to have a table set and offered us a drink on the house. It took us another five minutes to be seated and we should have left at that point. Our waitress, Jessica, came over to greet us and take our order. She noted the specials and mentioned that the salmon came in fresh that day so it would be great. We ordered the salmon ($21) and the blackened shrimp penne pasta ($19) along with the calamari appetizer ($13). Included in our meal was a salad (diner-style) including unripened chunks of tomatoes, purple onion and about six pieces of carrot. The salad dressing was served in a cheesy little aluminum serving dish stuffed into the side….something you would see at a pizzeria. We had bread plates on the table but we never saw a roll or were offered bread. Jessica returned to our table to let us know they were out of salmon. She suggested the grouper instead…..$7 more than the salmon. We ordered the ribeye special instead with mashed potatoes and green beans. The calamari appetizer was over-cooked and the sauce was straight out of a jar. After the appetizer was picked up Jessica was back lamenting more bad news. She sat down in a chair and reported there were no mashed potatoes. Again, we should have left. Any restaurant worth its salt would have plenty of mashed potatoes or would make more. But we persevered…our food arrived. The steak was served without a steak knife and I had to search tables for clean utensils. The penne pasta consisted of a large bowl of salty greasy pasta with chunks of artichoke hearts and the ribeye was way past done. We choked down a small portion of extremely overpriced food and then waited for another 10 minutes to find Jessica for the check (which was delivered with all three entrees still listed on it….ALWAYS check your bill.) The only thing that saved the dinner was the company.

1  Thank Mieux27