Beautiful decor and detail on every surface made this inn feel more upscale than the price would indicate. It was great to have a full sized fridge and freezer with icemaker in the room as well as a full sized coffee maker, microwave and dishwasher. Having dishes and silverware came in handy, too. The bed was comfortable enough and the directions provided on how to use the shower faucet simplified that task. My guess is those directions were provided as a result of past frustrations from other guests. The location was convenient to the restaurants in Murrell's Inlet and close to area attractions.
1. Bring your own large coffee mug- the china in the room is cute but the mug is more like a little tea cup- not nearly big enough for morning coffee.
2. The sink in the bathroom, although lovely to look at, is dreadful to use. Not teeth-brushing friendly at all.
3. Yes, the towels are rough- even my 12 year old son complained. Skimp on the sink and go luxury on the towels- my 2 cents.
4. Please add a full length mirror!! It should be illegal for a hotel room to come without one.
5. The event held in the courtyard the night of July 5th went on past 11, was very loud and was disruptive to us trying to sleep.
6. Add a fitness room and I might come back! :)
All in all a very nice place. My complaints aren't deal breakers but should be considered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a boutique hotel in the heart of Murrells Inlet, seafood capital of South Carolina, catering to outdoor enthusiasts, golf lovers, fisherman or anyone looking to relax. We offer Deluxe Studio and Luxury Suite Accommodations. Our standard Deluxe Studios feature a full kitchenette with standard refrigerator with icemaker, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot and two-top burner stove, as well as versatile King or 2 extra-long pillow top Twin bedding and a custom Queen Sleeper Sofa Bed. Bathrooms are equipped with showers that have 4 massaging body jets. Our Luxury Suite consists of the standard Deluxe Studio room plus an adjoining room with optional King or extra- long pillow top twin bedding, regular sofa, bathroom with 4 massaging body jets, microwave, mini fridge, coffee pot and ice bucket. All rooms feature granite countertops as well as pine hardwood floors. On-site we have an award winning restaurant and bar Bliss, room service, meeting room, business center, outdoor courtyard and Widow's Walk rooftop view/sitting area. We are 1 mile south of the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk Marina, watersports, dining & nightlife, and 3 miles north of Brookgreen Gardens & Huntington Beach State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your The Inlet Sports Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inlet Sports Hotel Murrells Inlet