“They created magic in my son's eyes!”
Review of Pirate Adventures

Pirate Adventures
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures is a unique, unforgettable experience for your child aboard a pirate ship in Murrells Inlet just south of Myrtle Beach. You will be amazed as we tap into your child's imagination and transform him or her into a pirate, complete with face paint, tattoos, and pirate fashions. Time aboard our ship is filled with non-stop activity, including reading a treasure map, hauling loot aboard, and, of course, defending the ship with our famous water cannons!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Rittman, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“They created magic in my son's eyes!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stumbled upon this activity right before we left for vacation and I'm so glad we did! We took our 8 yr. old daughter and 5 yr. old son on this expedition. Even though both of our children thoroughly enjoyed this I'm not so sure that my daughter will be a big fan of it by the time she turns 9. I wish we would have known about this when she was younger. I think it cost us somewhere around $23 a person, but even though mom and dad are only spectators, we figure $100 for a family of 4 for an activity that lasts almost 1 1/2 hrs. is a deal in Myrtle Beach. The experience for young ones just can't be matched. We felt it was money well spent and will definitely be doing this again next year. Advice: before you leave home go to the dollar store and buy some foam pirate swords, hats, bandanas or t-shirts. It will save you money from buying it in their gift shop.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun for young kids”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We took our 2.5, 5 and almost 9 year old on this. My 9 year old felt she was too old for this but my younger boys had a lot of fun. Lots of imagination!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pagirl2013
Toronto, Ontario
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“My boys loved it!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

My 5 years old says it was his highlight of the trip. He really got into it and still talks about how much he enjoyed and all the characters he saw on the adventure. He wants to be a pirate for this year's Halloween:). The parents have to pay for their ride. So, only one of us went along instead of two. I wish that they would add an option of having a pirate BBQ (eating chicken or ribs with hands) lunch in the future:). Anyway, they seem to be quite busy and popular.

1 Thank LoveLoveFruit
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip for my 5 year old”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I brought my 5 and 7 year old boys and they really enjoyed it. Yes, as others have pointed out parents must pay for their ticket, however if you consider it part of the overall price it's fine, and I of course enjoyed watching my kids and taking photos. It's also worth pointing out that if you are worried about your kids (or yourself) getting sea sick, the ship doesn't sail out into the open water so that's not an issue.

1 Thank omgeverynameistaken
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My little peg leg piper had a blast (that was her pirate name for the day) I was nervous because they had to reschedule our cruise and based on some reviews on here I was planning for the worst. I encountered nothing like others have in their reviews. Let me start by saying I'm picky!!!! Weather was fantastic my daughter is 2.5 years old and she's still talking about her pirate day!!! We got to the marina with about 15 minutes before departure (got lost) and they still made time to paint her face and give her a pirate name that's included!!! If you'd like eye patches, swords, or bandans that's extra. We bought a mermaid doll, eyepatch, and pink bandana for an extra 22.00 that in my opinion was worth it. The staff or crew I should say spoke in a pirate accent they drank grog, did the limbo, searched the boat, hoisted the flag, i honestly have no idea how they are able to keep all these young children on their best behavior for so long??? It amazes me. My daughter was so involved and I believe she was the youngest mate on the boat at that sailing. She loved it I'd pay again x2 to see her have soooo much fun I had fun just seeing her happy!!! At the end of the day it's about their experience not ours as a parent and if they had fun it was $$$ well spent I felt the investment to give my child the opportunity to be a pirate was more than fair!!!

2 Thank Jeepgirlxoxoxo