“Bad way to do business!”

Blue Wave Adventures
Ranked #10 of 24 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Blue Wave Adventures is the Original Dolphin Watch Tour in Murrells Inlet, SC. Our tours take you thru the salt marsh estuary and out into the ocean along the coastline. We specialize in finding our wild dolphin friends in their natural habitat. We are the only Dolphin Watch Tour that follows NOAA'S Dolphin Smart guidelines. In addition, we provide information on the dolphins, turtles, habitat and other critters we may see. Our Brand New Vessel, TURSI-OPS, was custom build to provide you with incredible viewing from every seat. All our seating faces forward and we have rasied seating in the back for excellent viewing. We are the only dedicated Dolphin Watch Tour in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Was suppose to go on a tour today and they cancelled TWICE on me. Was really looking forward to going and seeing wild dolphins. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule for tomorrow and of course I couldn't because I am heading home not that I would with being cancelled twice. Sad way of doing business.

2  Thank neonmary
in 2 reviews
"safety"
"knowledge"

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Blue Waveade sure that we were going to see exactly what we paid for. They kept us out past our tour time to make sure that we saw dolphins. It was overall an awesome trip. I would recommend that you wear a bathing suit cause you will prob get wet.

1  Thank Dcshook
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Dolphins are not guaranteed on any trip. But on this trip we ran across a school of about 25-30. The spotter was eagle eyed as we thought we were going to come up empty and she saw the school about an 1/8 mile away. The captain and the mate are very professional, concerned with the safety of the passengers and very informative about the dolphins when you find them. They spent an extra 20 minutes beyond our 90 as we spotted the dolphins near the end of the tour. Family friendly and reasonably priced. Highly recommend this company.

2  Thank jperf
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a fun tour. It was very cold. We did not see any dolphins but did enjoy the tour guide. Some of the riders sitting in the back of the boat got drenched so be prepared and dress warm.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We took this trip on our vacation last month to North Myrtle. It was about a 35 minute drive. We had 4 adults and two kids and we ALL loved it the same. The boat only had about 20 people on it, which is actually a good thing because you don't have to climb on people just to see the dolphins. It was really cloudy and did drizzle a little while we were out there, but I think that made it a little more bearable from the heat of August.
We got to see a LOT of dolphins and they came pretty close to the boat. The captain was entertaining, but not to the point of being annoying. He just explained everything and let us enjoy the beauty of the dolphins. I WILL say that it is REALLY difficult to get a photo though. I regret that I spent the trip trying to because it never happened. I probably could have done it with my DSLR camera, but I certainly couldn't bring THAT on a boat, so I pretty much got a couple of tail pictures and that was it. Just a tip to other people: Don't spend the trip trying to get a picture...you'll miss all the dolphins and will leave without a picture :D
If you love sea life, then you should def take this trip!!!

1  Thank Anna T