“Wouldn't recommend ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Pizza is way overpriced and it just really wasn't that satisfying. I don't like how you are forced to sit at the table, basically forcing you to tip the server even though you could just pick up from the counter. Pizza was very small for the price and $1.25 a topping is kind of outrageous.

1  Thank Rob T

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My hubby and I have split opinions on this Italian pizza restaurant. We have been patrons for a couple of years. Being of Italian descent and a former New Yorker, with a childhood in the Ohio Valley and major fan of DiCarlos Pizza, I feel I am a better judge. I personally have tried and continue to try all pizzerias that come and go on Rte. 707--which I call the Battle of 707. First and most remarkably, Aroma's have the best cannoli I have ever had in my entire life (and I have made many pilgrimages to bakeries in Little Italy and Arthur Avenue). Their cannoli are made from scratch, crispy, fresh, light with exceptional creamy, perfectly sweet, milky filling. Pure heaven. Also, their house salad dressing is a vinagrette, which has perfect proportion of oil to vinegar and some other secret spices that remind me of my Italian grandmother's. However, I feel the quality of certain pizza dough recipes and their pizza sauce has declined. Standard pizza okay except dough seems tougher than their first year. Margarita pizza--not too hot. Their stromboli - last two delivery orders - had raw, uncooked dough inside. They were inedible. The first such event, I complained by phone. They said they would leave a note near the register and credit us on our next delivery. When we called in our next order, the order taker acted very suspicious of my reminder; however after speaking to the manager, he agreed to send a free replacement stromboli with our order, on the house. This one arrived similar to the other--raw, uncooked dough in the middle. When I phoned to complain, I asked to speak to the manager, who I've met in person and believe him to be a good guy, and he also acted suspicious - like I was trying to get something for free. He also stated that he has never had a complaint about this. Understand, we have had weekend guests and have placed large delivery orders in the past and placing home delivery orders almost every week. We used to bring family and friends to restaurant for meals. Since the stromboli incidents, our patronage has declined. My husband likes their pizza--mainly because they deliver. I loved their pizza the first year--they make the dough from scratch which is a rarity in these parts, and the sauce tasted like they used the best Italian tinned tomatoes. However, at least as delivered, the pizzas have been tough and the sauce is not the same. Their pricing is 50% higher than their other 707 competition, which we were willing pay for better quality food. Now, we have found new places that makes a better pizza (and hope they stay in business). We will return for the cannoli for sure--but not too happy with their treatment of my stromboli incidents and the recent state of their pizza in general. My opinion - my two cents.

1  Thank ZeldaMcSC
Reviewed 3 September 2013

So worth the drive from Myrtle Beach. We highly recommend! The staff was very friendly, the facilities extra clean, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant when driving to a friend's house. A couple of days later we decided to try their pizza. YUM!!! It is the best pizza we have had since moving from the North. The sauce is seasoned just perfect and the dough is delightful. Just enough crispness and just enough doughy-ness! The toppings were extremely fresh too. We then decided to take our young daughter there for dinner and tried a couple of their other entrees and loved them as well. Our daughter who was a little under a year at the time had their children's ravioli and she absolutely LOVED it. She wanted more and more! Definitely glad that this place opened up and glad to see them doing so well.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We ate here once and had delivery a second time. The food wad delicious and very affordable. This was recommended by locals and well worth it.