“Side Kick with Captain Shane”
Review of Side Kick Charters

Side Kick Charters
Ranked #13 of 22 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Owner description: The Side Kick is a 32 ft. custom built sport fishing boat. It is part of the Capt. Dicks deep sea fishing fleet which operates out of Crazy Sister marina in the heart of Murrells Inlet about 10 miles south of Myrtle Beach.Owner/Captain Shane Bashor is a fourth generation captain with years of experience in the Charter Boat, Head Boat, and Commercial Fishing Industry. So whether it’s fishing off the Barrier Islands of Georgetown for large sharks, trolling the blue waters of the Gulf Stream for Billfish, or anything in between Captain Shane will do everything possible to make your time on the water a safe, fun, and memorable experience.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I've fished with Captain Shane on 5 different occasions. He is an excellent fisherman, guide and even a better person. I've never went out and not caught a bunch of fish! He is as good as there comes!!! Shark fishing trips are awesome! Bottom fishing was off the charts!!! Might go trolling next week with him on our vacation! I wouldn't even consider fishing with someone else. He treats you to well!!! Highly recommended by Patrick Simpson

4  Thank Patrick S

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My favorite part was the view from the boat. We saw dolphins swimming and jumping. Never a dull moment.

1  Thank Pegasis1
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My friend and I fished with Captain Shane for a great day on the water. Our original date called for some rough seas, but the Captain moved the date and the weather was perfect. Both the Captain and the mate worked very hard to put a great catch together. The catch included grouper, b-liners, Spanish and king mackeral. We released many large sea bass.

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Captain Shane is a ROCKSTAR when it comes to finding the sharks! Off season, running around South Carolina looking for a Captain to take my son shark fishing is how we stumbled upon the Sidekick treasure! A day I thought would be a zero to one shark catch turned into a blast of many sharks for my 10 year old son! The Sidekick is an awesome boat for fishing & relaxing when my son's dose of dramamine kicked in! haha
The abundance of shrimp we caught (that we never expected) was amazing! Captain Shane was a one man crew on our day of shark fishing, handle 5 poles, 3 of us fishing & did it without a glitch! I recommend him to everyone I cross paths with!

2  Thank Tosha S
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Captain Shane really impressed us with his knowledge of sport fishing and ability to find fish. We caught more fish than we could have imagined and the service from the cap'n and his mate was exceptional. We left them at the end of a long day exhausted from fishing but wowed by the catch. I give the Side Kick and it's crew my best recommendation and an easy 5 stars!