“Consistent great food but...”
Review of The Wicked Tuna

The Wicked Tuna
Ranked #11 of 138 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Wicked Tuna, Murrells Inlet's premier waterfront dining experience! The Wicked Tuna is a place where friends meet for a unique culinary experience of handmade cocktails, the freshest seafood, steaks, and sushi, and the best views on the Marshwalk. "Hook to Plate" fresh every day seafood -- that's the Wicked Tuna way. Every week our fishing fleet heads out to the Atlantic ocean sourcing the freshest grouper, mahi mahi, sea bass, and snapper off the Carolina coast. Every fish we serve is caught local by our own boats and then cleaned and prepped on-site before it goes to the kitchen. From there, our master chefs prepare exciting culinary experiences matched only by our breathtaking views. Our obsession with fresh seafood, top-grade beef, and bold flavors shine through in our award-winning, signature cuisine. Our master sushi chefs prepare plates of delicately sliced fresh sashimi and artful and creative sushi rolls using the freshest fish available. Pair your dish with a selection from our exclusive wine and sake list and you have an evening to remember. We have created a unique culinary experience for you, incorporating innovative cuisine and excellent service from a one-of-a-kind, dedicated staff. We invite you to enjoy a truly exceptional dining experience where the environment is enchanting, the views exceptional, and the hospitality is impeccable. Come get wicked.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Consistent great food but...”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Service is slow and spotty- seems like lots of turnover. We are local so visit often with guests. Love the sushi and the nightly specials- food is worthy of the slow service usually

1 Thank DrMommaB

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Bar Staff”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Not sure about the previous comments about the bar staff and waiting on a drink...I've never had that experience. I eat/drink there fairly often and always have an excellent experience. Jason Drake has not only been a great bartender to me, but to the entire bar during my visits there. Every time I've been there, it has been pretty busy. He makes conversation with each person sitting at the bar and at no time singles anyone out while ignoring others. He also makes sure to introduce me to the other bartenders, who are also right there to check my drink or to make sure my food is ok. I highly recommend having a drink (and some excellent sushi) there. Awesome view too!

1 Thank AshleyG1974
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
“Bar staff used to be good”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We used to love The Wicked Tune. But the bar tender, Jayson Drake is horrible. I openly admit that I have never reviewed a place before but since Jayson started there I have to say my piece. The food is great... If you sit at a table, your service is good. (Though the kitchen is slower now). If you are at the bar and you are at least a cute girl, you get a quick drink if Jayson is working. If you are trying to have fun with your friends and certain bar tenders wants your attention, you can't get away from that #ssh@l#. My friends waited 20 min with out a drink. I never waited, but the bar tender gave me his number twice. I saw him talking to 3 cute girls and get them drinks, but he never noticed the full bar. After a year of my friends and family ogoing there, we will never go back... The food is great though

3 Thank jenna1279
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Great food ~ Great view”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

In a word...Excellent... Great menu selection, fresh seafood and sushi were fantastic. One of the best water views on Murrells Inlet. Highly recommend this place for an enjoyable meal and atmosphere. We're local and it's in the top spot for an evening out!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Over-rated, with poor service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It took forever to get waited on...the table next to us seated themselves 10 min after us and got waited on right away, while we still waited, until we found a manager and complained. The manager "comped" us a beer because we were also disappointed in the sushi, which was overpriced and run of the mill. I don't really like the noisy, open-spaced and modern decor style of the place, and for those reasons will not return.

• Visited May 2014