“Yum!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Fish Club

Hot Fish Club
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Hot Fish Club provides a variety of rooms for your events. You can find comfort in our 150-seat inside dining room with a decor inspired by the natural beauty of the inlet. Or you may want to relax in the 70-seat enclosed Creekview Porch that is comfortably heated in the Winter and cooled in the warmer months. The open-air Gazebo Bar with a 700 sq. ft. deck on the water might be your preference for the occasion. Or the perfect site may be in our vast green grass yard spread under the 200 year-old Live Oaks. Whichever your choice may be, you will be pleased to find the absolute best view of Murrells Inlet and the ocean jetties. We also offer an assortment of live entertainment, and can help you select from over 75 bands, featuring anything from beach music to reggae to funk.
“Yum!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I shared the Super Steam pot. Delicious! Good food, good service. Definitely a must visit in Murrells Inlet!

4 Thank Kevin P

Jackson, Georgia
“Good And Not So Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We made the short trip from Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet. We wanted to dine with a view and The Hot Fish Club was just the place. You can dine in the Gazebo, back deck, under the oaks or inside. We had a margarita and calamari on the deck. It was a nice clear cool evening to sit outside. The margarita was good and the calamari was the best I ever had. It got too cool for my wife so we settled up with the bar and went inside. The restaurant is very old and quaint. It dates way back. We were seated right away. We ordered a cup each of she crab soup and corn chowder . Both were very good. I ordered a broiled seafood platter and my wife had the lobster pot pie. My dinner was very good. My wife's pot pie was just ok. We were really full by now because of the calamari , soup and rolls. Over all the dinner was great. The gazebo is a cool place to hang out with the locals.
Now for the not so good. When I got home two days later, I noticed an extra charge for nearly 60 dollars on my back account from The Hot Fish Club. What the heck is this . I called the restaurant on Tuesday. They were closed on Monday. I talked to a manager and she said she would check into it. She was unapologetic . She didn't say they were sorry , just that she would check into it. Anyway I had to wait almost a week to get reimbursed . If I was management , I would have said we are very sorry. Please let me buy you a round of drinks or dessert on your next visit. How was your dinner? Please give us an opportunity to make it up to you. No instead it has made me disgruntled and posting on Trip Advisor. If though the dinner was good, we will try a different Murrells Inlet restaurant .

4 Thank Chuck C
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We always eat here when in town. I had a great grouper dish with lobster risotto. It was perfect and I have lunch for tomorrow too. Don't miss this place.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Marilyn N
“Great food. .. Service not so much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The food was awesome had the sesame seared tuna and it was great. Then for dinner had the the Mahi stuffed with crab meat and it was great as was well. The only complaint I have is the service. The server seemed to be annoyed that we were a party of two, myself and three year old son, she acted as if we were an inconvenience to her. I did overhear her say she was new so maybe that was the problem, but she was much more personable to the other tables than she was with us. Overall it was a great experience I would just rather be treated the same no matter if It is just me and a child, maybe she just thought we were not going to tip or something, not sure what her issue was with us.

2 Thank Candylane1773
Gobbler's Nob
“3rd Visit this year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Returned to the southern Grand Strand for some early summer golf. The Hott Fish Club was on the dining list. It did not disappoint! We dined on the porch as the Gazebo was closed and it was a very pleasant evening. We skipped the appetizers since we all had a late lunch after golf. Our entrée selections included flounder, seafood platter, tuna, and oysters. All were prepared perfectly and the service was outstanding. This is not a "fine dining" atmosphere but is fully old south. Their history (read it on the menu) and the views are worth the visit and it will remain on my MUST visit list for each return to the area.

Prices are average (early bird specials are offered) but the portions are good and the quality is high.

• Visited May 2014