“Not crowded, and now we know why”

Nance's Creekfront Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 147 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Went with a large group. Service was actually very good, with a very pleasant and efficient waitress. Food was okay, but clearly not particularly fresh or well prepared. I had stuffed flounder. Fish was mostly devoid of flavor and a bit over cooked. Stuffing at least gave it some flavor. Other diners had similar experiences. Wasn't horrible, but I see no reason to go back.

2  Thank Chief601

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is a joke ! I expected great fresh tasting seafood and got tough frozen garbage instead and to top it all of, our waitress thought she was a Miss Diva and rolled her eyes at us a couple of times because she thought it was to hard to keep up with refilling our waters...I'm thinking this is a family run business because when we complained to the manager about our bad experience, she defended the waitress and started to argue with me claiming that we were making a scene and that we were the only complaint they have had in years...YEAH RIIIIGHT !

2  Thank Nicolas P
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Ended up at Nance's tonight because we didn't want to wait 2hrs at the restaurant we originally picked. The bill was $60 for 2 w/ no alcohol. Salad was iceberg bagged salad, straight out of can green beans, very mediocre seafood (at best ). Next time we'll wait with the rest of the world to eat decent food.

4  Thank KnoxBelle
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent $140 for a party of six counting 2 children. We all got shrimp or the seafood platter. Smallest fantail shrimp I have ever seen and they were like rubber. We all agreed it was not fresh seafood. As we were leaving we notice an empty frozen shrimp box sitting outside the dumpster. This is a rip off. There are plenty of other restaurants here that serve fresh seafood for less. You don't even get flounder as your fish unless you upgrade. Don't waste your money here.

4  Thank SCOTT T
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us multiple times. When we walked in, I wasn't sure. But we ate outside and the food was really good. We all had seafood, there was not much else on the menu. The waiter was very friendly and polite. I would recommend this if you are looking for good seafood.