“Mixed feelings”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We went here w/ family in late November. They had seafood, and we as vegetarians had veggie sushi & salads, plus kids meals. The salads came out as expected, & then the seafood. Unfortunately, the sushi came AFTER everyone had finished their meals. We kept asking the server, & she said the sushi chef was really busy. Keep in mind this is off season, & I counted about 4 tables in the entire restaurant, & the sushi bar was closed. So I asked if he was new or an off-season fill in or something, but she said no...he was the main sushi chef. I've never had sushi take that long unless a place was truly packed, like 100% full w/ a line out the door or something. The sushi *was* very good, and reasonably priced, but the feedback on the seafood was "average & not worth the high price". Two of our guests got the "taste of crab" soup, which was about the size of a shot glass for $4.

I would probably come here again if it was a similar group situation & everyone really wanted to eat here, but probably not on our own. The view is indeed great, but there are lots of other places on the marsh walk to choose from that are a better overall value. Basically, they either need to tighten things up & be flawless or drop the prices.

“Wasn't awful.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First off, let me just say the view was gorgeous.

Now that that's out of the way, on with the rest of the review. The atmosphere was swell, with adult alternative music playing softly in the background. (I think I heard some Mumford and Sons, to give you an idea.) Out waiter showed up quickly, and only once was I out of drink before he could refill me. He seemed nice and was never too chatty, and so that side of the house was smooth.

The rest though was just plain alright at best. I had the seafood platter which was decent and had a lot of food. I, however, wish there was less food but a little better tasting. I'm not saying it was awfully prepared or anything (it wasn't), it just wasn't anything special. Hopefully everyone loves seafood, as the menu is small and there is beef or chicken entrees to choose from.

I felt that it was slightly pricey for what I had ordered. Again, I feel as though they make up for it with extra food instead of extra taste. I'd eat there again if someone really wanted to go, although I would never go out of my way or be the one to recommend it.

1 Thank Zzaass
Flemington, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I went for dinner with a friend when I visited Murrells Inlet in SC. I liked what they had on the menu so I chose the place. My friend has been there many times before and said it was very good. This has to be one of the best meals that I have ever had. We had fried peppers an appetizer. I was skeptical at first because I have never heard of or had these. They did not disappoint. I wish places in NJ had food like that. VERY, and surprisingly, good appetizer. We also had she crab soup and that was very good as well.

For dinner I had mahi mahi over a red pepper risotto. It was cooked perfectly and I loved it. Our server was very good, friendly, and funny. We sat at a table in the bar while they had a live band playing. It was not too loud and we were able to enjoy the music while still being able to talk to each other.

The back deck goes right onto the marsh walk and we walked it after dinner, which was also beautiful. I definitely recommend if you're going to eat at Murrells Inlet.

Tillsonburg, Canada
“Wahoo is a no who”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We wanted to take my wife's sister and cousin for a nice meal on their last day in Myrtle Beach and decided to give this restaurant a try. What a disaster. We ordered sushi, which came in a few minutes and was the only thing we had that tasted half decent. We all ordered salads and when they finally arrived 40 minutes later, the salad was soggy and they forgot mine. When my salad finally arrived, it too was soggy and I couldn't finish it. We waited another 20 minutes for our main meal to arrive and when it finally did, my wife's potatos were hard on top from sitting under a heat lamp, the cold slaw was terrrible, the waffle fries were cold and the flounder was greasy. I also had the flounder but I had it blackend as did my wife. I could handle the spice but my wife said hers was a little too spicy but all and all not bad. They did not clean the table off and we couldn't get the servers attention to fill our coffee, which by the way, was luke warm to begin with. I also had the rice pilaf with the flounder and I have never tasted anything so bad. Her cousin had the she crab soup and it came luke warm and she too couldn't finish it because of the taste. All and all, a very bad experience. I forgot to mention, it wasn't busy either.

Conway, South Carolina
“Full Price, Fine; Special, Fuggedaboutit”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I took my wife and stepdaughter here for a birthday. The two girls ordered off the regular menu for $24.95 each. They let me taste their fish. Quite good, but one was slightly over-salted. I ordered the $10.95 fried flounder basket I saw advertised in the newspaper. At first the server told me it was only available on a different day, although the advert said otherwise. My bad, he conceded. My fish was dry, very dry. In all likelihood it had been cooked long ago and kept hot.The server was very attentive, except during those minutes after he brought the meals. No, I didn't chase him down and ask that I get a piece of fish recently cooked, just for me. Like most people, I suspect, not wanting to make an issue on an occasion, I just went with the flow. You get what you pay for, I thought. Except the more I think about it, I didn't. Long John's would have been better. If a restaurant offers a special, the restaurant should not lower the quality just because it lowers the price. True, I did not make a scene and did not complain. But I will not be back. I think restaurant owners should realize that 95% of people won't complain when they should, but that they should not regard the failure to complain as a sign that all is well. I spent $98 there tonight. I could do the same again and again, except that I won't. Too bad, very nice location on the marsh.

• Visited October 2013