“perfect steak”

Ranked #74 of 132 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“perfect steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Steak was cooked perfect and potatoe loaded and good and of course a good the service was super. My only problem was it was to cold in there tonight.could have been alittle warmer.

• Visited September 2013

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

As a former restaurant owner, I hesitate to even complain in a restaurant, much less post a negative review, however this experience was definitely not up to Outback standards. A neighbor and I visited Outback in Murrells Inlet on Thursday evening, September 5. We both ordered the unlimited shrimp and steak special, with the Outback Special Sirloin as our steak choice. I ordered my steak "medium" and it came out very well done. It was a dark gray throughout. I didn't eat even a bite, I simply showed the server when she came by to check on us, and she took it back to be replaced. While I was waiting, a manager came by, asked if everything was ok, and I explained that I was waiting on another steak. He was very nonchalont...assured me that it would be out soon, and walked away. He delivered the new steak a short time later, and asked me to cut a bite to make sure it was cooked ok. It was fine, however the next bite and all through the steak was filled with white stringy gristle. I tried to get his attention, but he seemed to be purposely not walking or looking in our direction. Our server did come back and asked if I would like a box. I explained that I had not eaten the steak because it was filled with gristle...she was very apologetic and said that she would try to take care of it. She offered coffee, which I accepted. It was just slightly warmer than room temperature. She returned with my check, stating that they had taken the price of the steak off of the bill, however, I was charged for the few shrimp I had (although it was "unlimited shrimp", neither of us were offered more shrimp) and I was charged for the coffee ($2.79) which wasn't even offered to be refilled. Food quality=unacceptable. Customer service=worse than food quality. I will definitely drive to the Outback in Conway or Myrtle Beach next time. `

• Visited September 2013
Honea Path, South Carolina
“Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Nice to have an Outback in the Murrells Inlet area as a nice change of pace from all the seafood you normally eat during a beach visit. I have never had a bad experience at any Outback regardless of the location and this one is no different. The staff were friendly and the steak was as good as I normally expect. The restaurant was clean and not too long of a wait for seating.

• Visited September 2012
Denmark, South Carolina
“Outback special (six ounce cut) medium rare can't be beat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

House salad with balsamic vinegar, the bread and butter, sweet potato loaded, a big Foster's in a mug. The service was great as always. I make this place at least once each summer when vacationing in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Phila
“Captain Jack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We went to Outback because I wanted prime rib, and I wasn't disappointed. My 16 oz prime rib was done to perfection, but was a bit cool. My blue cheese and pecan side salad which cost $3.99 extra tasted fine but the lettuce was brown. The waitress was friendly and efficient. Although this restaurant has a decent atmosphere, for the $25.00 that my meal cost, not including drinks, I could have gone to a more upscale restaurant.

• Visited March 2013