“Great service, but Filthy inside.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #100 of 136 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Great service, but Filthy inside.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We sat at table 83. Gail was our server. She was Great! Superb service. However, this is THE Filthiest Applebee's I've ever seen. I didn't want to touch the table, let alone the seats. First of all, the restaurant has a stale musty smell to it. (It's probably not too noticeable, but I have severe allergies, and mustiness sets off alarm bells for me) The wooden window blinds are caked with dirt. (Not dust, but DIRT) once the blinds caught my eye, I began to look around. Everywhere was filth. I worked for many years for a resturaunt chain. We ALWAYS had to clean everything at the end of our shift. I remember closing the restaurant once per year to do a head to toe cleaning. I doubt this place has been cleaned since it opened. (Years ago) I hesitated eating there, but after 9 hours in the car, I was hungry & tired. The food was fine. Came out hot, but not necessarily fresh. I do want to emphasize that we were greeted and seated promptly. And our server was super. The food was okay. I probably would not have written a review about the food if the resturaunt was clean. But the combo of okay food and a filthy atmosphere, I felt compelled to say something.

• Visited June 2014

“Waitress was rude and really slow”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

If you order two steaks medium
And one is burned and one is bloody ( problem ) my daughter asked for water three times before it came . It wasn't busy service just was Bad ..
Really bad don't order the lemonade.

• Visited June 2014
vanceburg
“no more SMOKE”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I can't believe this place allows smoking!! My daughter and I visited the restaurant, and after we ordered the food we saw about 6 people smoking at the bar. We were seated about 10 ft away. We were not asked if we wanted smoking or homecoming, assuming that every place is none smoking---we didn't question it. How disgusting to eat with the cig smoke!!! We should all totally boycott this place!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank debbie f
North Carolina
“Good Food - Good Prices”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We ate here with another couple on April 27, 2014. We had the slider appetizers, Hamburger, Fish & Chips and bacon Cheeseburger. The waitress was very friendly & chatty which was fun. The food was as we expect to have at Applebee's. I will say that my husband's burger was so large that it kept falling apart! We enjoyed our visit & food. Would eat here again if in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Oakville
“We keep going back”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We like the two can eat for $20 and the "free appetizer". We always get the boneless chicken wings but then I can't finish my supper. I get the steak and my husband gets pasta of some sort. It's always delicious and I always have some to take home. There are many drinks and they always have a special for around $3. The franchise is so well run because there's no surprises, they are all the same and they are all good.

Visited February 2014