“Uneven, but worth the price”
Review of Brookwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Murrells Inlet
Brookwood Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Murrells Inlet
Reviewed 5 May 2010

On arrival I was told that they expected us the nite before for two nites....never our plan. But they did not charge us for the alleged nite. Room was in a detached building, but was roomy and comfortable. Cleaning was about as expected in a cheap motel, but a major negative was one corner which was covered with black mold. Location is great; close to the water and restaurants. I would recommend it to those who are willing to rough it a bit. The recommendation is qualified.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FredfromRichmond

Reviewed 13 May 2009

Tucked away in a quiet corner of Murrell's Inlet, the Brookwood is a fantastic find if you happen to be in the area and need a place to stay. This is a classic vintage Roadside American motel that is clean and comfortable. The rooms are comfortably furnished, the AC works, the bathrooms are clean, and the rooms have a fridge to preserve leftovers or road food if you have them. The Brookwood is reasonably priced. This is not a soulless cookie cutter modern place that you won't remember where it was, when you stayed there, or why. My wife and I travel often, and there are precious few places like this left. The staff was courteous and seemed eager that we have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DownTheRoadWithJohn
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Don't know what the previous reviewer was thinking when he
submitted a poor review. This IS a real find! Takes one back
in time to the way things were and should be. Sure, it isn't
new and modern, but one cannot beat the quiet, location and superb host, Robert, in the Murrell's Inlet, Myrtle Beach area...'for true'. We loved it! We booked the "Alamo" and for the space,
comfort and ambiance, it is a real value....! *****

Add BrookgreenGardens, a mere stone's throw away, and Murrell's Inlet's vast selection of local seafood cuisine...one has a match made in heaven and a good time.

1  Thank skelligmichael
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Booked the place last minute.Called to tell the front desk I wouldn't be checking in until 11pm and they said" well ok, I guess I'll stay up" . he gave me the room # and told me the key would be on the bed "help yourself". Once Igot there the room was really old, musty. poorly lite, and you got the not so safe feeling. It is off the beaten path. Nobody else was staying there except one other vehicle. I decided to leave and the owner got really upset that he stayed up for me and that I had decided to leave.He said "people do this all the time" Wonder why? Then he decided to charge my card anyways, when he said he was just "holding " the room..I called a week later to him for a refund and he said " no way" you booked it you pay for it. I Went up the road and paid double and the weird thing is he knew it when I called for the refund. Must happen alot to him .

Worst experience of my 16 years of traveling. Don't get fooled by the positive reviews.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank winerack
Reviewed 17 September 2007

Started staying there in July for business and have been back every week since then. Even took our vacation there. Beautiful, Quiet, Very well maintained little motel. Very Affordable Year Round Prices. Couldn't ask for friendlier Manager-Owner. Staff was very efficient and helpful. Lovely grounds with the most beautiful moss filled Live Oaks and Pool Area. Even has original Pawley's Island Hammocks under the Oak Trees. Quiet, Peacful, and Fun. This is one place you definately don't want to miss!!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank florenceboys
Reviewed 1 September 2007

Cute little hideaway place right on the main hwy in Murrells Inlet. Very colorful & homey with tiki-light decor, staff is very friendly and helpful, excellent price for the location! Really nice places to eat just up the street and close to Huntington State Park & Brookgreen Gardens (must see!!). Rooms were clean & comfortable for the the price and quiet which was great!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Habren
Reviewed 19 June 2007

The Brookwood was just a pure delight. The manager was a friendly gentleman that Knew me on a first name basis by the time I left. Very personable and genuine. His staff was very friendly and the rooms clean and cozy. It reminded me so much of where we used to stay when I was a child. The property is beautiful with big moss laden trees which is certainly a sure sign you're in the South. There was even a sweet little neighborhood kitty cat that came to visit each evening. It was a plus to have the best seafood in the country right down the street along with nightly entertainment on the water front with a different band to suit anyone's taste. I will without a doubt be back. The beach was a short few minutes drive and I went to the Huntington Beach State Park both days to the beach. There were lots of shells there unlike in the heart of Myrtle. I found a whole starfish and watch a man reel in a huge Manta Ray from the surf. I can't wait to go back.

Susan from NC

Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East
Garden City Inn
Garden City Inn
#4 of 6 in Murrells Inlet

Been to Brookwood Motel? Share your experiences!