Message from TripAdvisor:

“Dont Bother”

Sand Dunes Resort & Spa
Ranked #153 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Indoor pool and hot tub areas were dirty and run down. The water park was only open on weekends. My wedding ring was stolen by housekeeper who just got out of jail a month before being hired there. Nice view of beach.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank travelinggi

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night while we waited for the rest of our golf trip crew to arrive the next day. This place is big. We checked in at one part of the hotel and had to drive all the way around another hotel to get to our rooms building. The price we got from the hotel website was fantastic. We ended up in a room with 2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed. The room was nice enough and would consider staying here again. The only negative was the we couldn't get the wi-fi to work in our room and the woman at reception was no help in trying to rectify the situation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rockland_ta
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at thye sand dunes resort in a three bedroom condo. Myself, wife and my 8 and 5 year old with my in-laws also. Hotel was very nice and room was great lots of room and a good price. We received free buffet breakfast coupons for oceans dunes next door and it was also excellent and service was great. Next off to the pools indoor pool warmand hot tubs nice. Outdoor pools and small water park water was freezing but not hotels fault early in the season. Beach area infront of hotel was clean and very nice. Also a added bonus for me was a gym a little older but to have a gym on site with equipment was great and opened at 6 am which was great. I would recommend this hotel and will be staying there next time in Myrtle Beach. 17th floor great view.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family stayed in room 808 on April 13 and 14. On Saturday, when the room service personnel entered to bring clean towels, they exited with my expensive bottle of cologne. My more valuable jewelry was in the safe. The cologne was on the dresser along with some costume jewelry. They left the costume jewelry and stole the cologne. I did not realize this until I dressed in the late afternoon. I reported it as soon as I dressed and went to the desk. When I checked out the next day, I inquired about compensation for this theft and was told that the housekeeping manager was not at work and that an internal investigation would have to occur. We will see if there is any follow-up. Also, there was no hot water when we needed to shower to attend a wedding on Saturday.

2  Thank Rhonda H
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We liked this place and will probably be back. There are a lot of resort choices in Myrtle Beach and we like to try new ones here and there. I will say that this did have a great view! Overall, the stay was ok but could have been better.

Room Tip: Get a room with a beach view!
1  Thank ryno611
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel has a lot of potential, but I believe (after staying here 4 years in a row) that the staff is not held accountable by hotel management. Let me explain.

Maid Service: The single worst room service I have expereinced and I travel 15 time per year for work so it is really stressing how poor the maids service is. 4 years in a row we put up with the lack of cleaning. Each year there we would have to call the front desk to get management up to our room to show them how the maid service was not cleaining our room. They would leave dirty towels on the bathroom floor and some days they would not even show up. Seems to have very poor management involvement.

Surrounding areas: When we stay Ocean Front on the 5-7 floors you can look down at the roof top of the Arcade area and see an enormous amount of trash. This is 4 years in a row so it is not a one time thing.

Hotel has a ton of potential as it is very big, has a kids lazy river/water park, etc. but I feel management is failing th owners. We booked the last two years as the prices was the best for what you get, but we have changed for 2012 to the hotel next door which is highly rated and we walked through and saw how nice it was.

Sand Dunes can be a top notch hotel, but changes are required to get it there. Unfortunately our valid complaints feel on deaf ears for years. Thus we will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 11 April 2012

check in was at 4 but we got their earlier and there was no line. Afterwards I saw a continuous line and people did not look happy. The rooms are showing their age; the carpet needs some serious cleaning that may only be accomplished by replacing the carpet. Even though the room was not brand new we made the best of it and had fun during our stay. Our children enjoyed the water park and pools even though it seemed a little too cold in the month of April. The inside pool had too much chlorine and the floors needed some serious cleaning. Overall the accommodations need some updates and better cleaning.

1  Thank TEXAZone