“Not our usual vacation spot.....”

Sand Dunes Resort & Spa
Ranked #154 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our spring break. We usually stay at Lands End in North Myrtle. When we pulled in it was a nightmare trying to figure out where to park- not realizing we had to go into the parking garage. That was an awful experience as we had a SUV. So much congestion on Saturday with people coming and going. We got the keys to our room and the kids and I changed and hurries up to the beach only to see 3 HUGE groups of 25 plus college kids blaring music, falling over drunk.... we turned around because I wasn't going to subject myself or my kids to that. As we were getting into elevator there were college kids puking in the elevatror. I started to cry. It was awful. We walked up 10 flights of stairs. They ended up leaving on Sunday and the rest of the week was ok. Our toilet in our room kept overflowing. We won't stay here again as it was a last minute stay we usually stay at the condo we have stayed in for years. Check out www.landsendresort.com

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank smnp228

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Just concluded yet another Great trip to the dunes. Staff was great, room was great and value was beyond compare!! We used a promo code, ABS, which gave 50% off the entire stay. So 4 nights was $428 after taxes and fees. Only thing that wasn't included was breakfast, which I didn't know until check-in. But still, it was a great deal! Water parks onsite and off, Grand Prix go carts and park pavilion passes were included. Room was same as previous stay, and it was again a GREAT room! One hiccup for the entire stay was that our key card door handle quit working on our way out one evening. "Ellie" at the front desk had it taken care of while we were out before we got back. I will book here next summer for sure. It's a great place for families and my kids like being able to flip flop between the pools, water park and the beach. Definitely better than what a lot of reviewers are saying!!!

3  Thank Rodney L
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sand Dunes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and the family took advantage of all the onsite and offsite amenities we offer.

We are glad to know you will be returning next year! See you soon

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We read some reviews that were not that great but since we had planned our trip last minute we had to go with the Sand Dunes. I'm happy to report that it was a good choice. Although outdated, the room was clean as were the facilities. Great beach location, not overly crowded and far enough off the boardwalk so it was quiet. It was nice to have the arcade, pools and the water park play area right on site. We would stay here again and felt it was a good value for our money.

My only complaint would be that they are pretty tight on the shampoo and moisturizer and we didn't get any conditioner. Luckily we had some of our own.

Room Tip: We got an ocean view room on the 14th floor and were very pleased.
1  Thank DeBucksFamily
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sand Dunes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the on site amenities as well. We do hope you will return again for another stay.

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed in1709 and the rooms were just fine. Staff was great, wzter park was great too.had afew hiccups that were quickly resolved. We have been a sands customer for 24 yrs......the furnishings could be updTed....but it was clean, staff was nice and the family had a great time.any problems were addressed in a timely manner. Glad we came.

Room Tip: Loved 3 bed 2 bath unit 1709. Great sunrises.
1  Thank Tinamarie T
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sand Dunes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are happy to know you have been visiting our resort all these years.

We hope you are enjoying all the many amenities we offer at Sands. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was here Aug 10 and the first night I was there I slept in the bed and was bit by fire Ants in the bed. I had an allergic reaction to the bits my hands swelled like a balloon. This place is dirty and house keeping do not do a good job of cleaning the place. I was in room 2247. This ruined my whole trip. I will never stay there again.

5  Thank Ng8573
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I don't know where to begin. The carpeted foyer is soiled and unkept. The furniture and the decor is dated, however, had the linen been clean, the ambiance would be over looked. Once the linen was removed off of the bed, the pillows looked as if they had been vomitted on. The shower curtain has MILDEW. I called and spoke with the front desk representative and requested clean linen for the bed, they brought towels. Smh. I called and requested the manager assistance and I was given a messaging service, where I left a message describing the issues and requesting assistance, no response except they brought more towels. I left the hotel and purchased linen and pillows. Im just ready to leave. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

3  Thank PreciousGem726

We apologize that you are having issues with our housekeeping services.

If you are still at our resort, please email us your room and or reservation# so we can rectify the situation.

We want our guests to have an enjoyable relaxing experience always.

marketing@sandsresorts.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We did not check the reviews on this hotel...sorry we did not go to that first. The reviews were awful with rooms dirty, linens dirty, roaches and rats near the pool. We ask to cancel our reservations and were told the $50.00 processing fee would be applied to our credit card. We called and canceled right after we made the reservation so it was way in the time frame to cancel.

Room Tip: Do not make a reservation if you are not sure you are going to stay there or you will be charged $50...
4  Thank Cliff S

We are very sorry you did not actually stay at the resort and made your decision based on reviews. We wish we were given the opportunity to show you a true enjoyable Sands experience.

Yes, we do charge a cancellation fee and it it clearly stated in the reservation policies.

Thank you for your feedback.