“A few days at the beach.”

Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach
Ranked #147 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was able to reserve a room here in the middle of Spring Break, which was great. The hotel is south of the Boardwalk among older build hotels and I was a bit concerned about that when I booked. Upon arrival, the receptionist at the front desk was great and said our room was ready. We went to our room and I was impressed! It was nice! Updated! A lot of attention placed on good mattresses and linens, clean and spacious bathroom for a family of 4 (2 teen daughters), clean microwave and mini fridge. A sliver of a view of the ocean from the little balcony! For the price, I was really pleased. This hotel exceeds reasonable expectations. The exterior may show wear and tear from years of tourists and hurricane seasons, but the interior was fine. The breakfast bar offered a decent variety. If you like a huge breakfast, you may want to eat out. The weather was a bit cold for the beach, so we walked up to the boardwalk area. We found a nice manicured walking/biking path about .5 miles north of the hotel starting at the Ocean's One Resort (?). It runs between the beach and the back of beachfront hotels and made the 1.5 mile walk really nice! Much better than walking beside the famous Myrtle Beach traffic. Hotel was 5 blocks from Family Kingdom amusement park and within reasonable walking distance of good places to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This Hotel was Excellent. I enjoyed my stay very much. Front Desk, Housekeeping & Maintenance Men were awesome. Rooms are very nice & clean. Great view of the beach. Breakfast Bar was very good (variety of choices i may add). I enjoyed this stay & will be returning back for the summer with my family... Thanks so much...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Decent Hotel. Had room 608 which was king size and a little view of the sea. The room was nice, clean.

They have a single lift and provide parking. It is very close to the beach. Room have a small balcony.

B'fast was standard - waffle, cereals, milk, coffee, juice, assorted breads, bagel etc.

The lady at reception was very nice. The even allowed me a late checkout till 1 PM and were nice enough to all me park my car even after I checked out.

Room Tip: room 608 was nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nitinmalik81
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My family and I booked two rooms for a three day/two night stay over St. Paddy's Day weekend. I have to say that our rooms were clean and orderly with plenty of towels. The breakfast was good (though I was really hoping for bacon!) and filled us up. The staff was quite nice and friendly, as well. The only bummer was that the pool was too cold to get in. All in all, it was a pleasant stay close to a lot of things (if you don't mind walking a bit.)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We came here as part of our drive home from Atlanta on Labor Day weekend. My husband and I have never been to Myrtle Beach and thought it was a good stop on our way north. We only made it to the beach once in our three day stay in Myrtle Beach. It was an unusually hot summer that led into September. We decided to hit the beach very early, 9:00 a.m. to be exact. It was nice but once the sun started coming out an hour later, it just became too hot to even sit under an umbrella. Unfortunately, the Quality Inn and Suites was not even an option to stay in our room. The room had an adjoining door in which I could constantly smell cigarette smoke from the other room. Luxury hotel, this was not. We had two double beds and both had stains on the bedding. The bathroom was dingy. See the pictures that I have included. Breakfast was included but nothing to rave about. Powdered eggs, cereal, yogurt and unappealing fruit. One elevator. Cigarette butts in the hallway. The room smelled mildewy. The ocean was just across the street so it was a quick walk. Plenty of free parking. Not walking distance to the boardwalk. So many other hotels. I'm sure there was something better. I just know it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Special attention is paid to non smoking rooms.

• The maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We hope to see you again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Recently stayed over the weekend. Will not plan on staying there again. When I first walked in the room look very nice and it was but underneath the bed you could tell the room had not been completely cleaned because there was emply drinking bottles. Found a bug in the bathroom. Staff didn't have much to say when I told them about the bug in the bathroom and cleaniness of the room. Contnential breakfast was nice but not much room to eat as far as tables. Not a far walk to the beach so that was wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
qualityinnmyrtlebeac, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn during your recent weekend visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We have taken steps to check and ensure the overall amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staff has been given the required training.

We are happy that you found the breakfast nice and still try to improve it and of course the required tables also. We are also happy that you enjoyed the beach.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel just one night, but had a nice view of the ocean and it was a great value. A little older property, but can see they keep maintaining it. Very pleasant desk staff both at check-in and check-out. Just a short walk to the beach!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business