“Look elsewhere”

Ranked #66 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Hotel was booked for us by event planner. Might have chosen it myself, as online reviews said it was best of three La Quinta's in the Myrtle Beach area.

We became wary after seeing graffitti covering the elevator's interior wall as we rode it upstairs to our room.

We had king room with coffee pot and two refrigerators but no microwave.

Bathroom was equipped with two small bars of soap and tiny shampoo. Tub dirty and sink did not drain. Roaches appeared in early morning hours scurring across bathroom floor. Shower fine for anyone under 5 feet tall.

Bedside lights not in working order.

While the bed was remade, our room not cleaned while we were out for the day, and what few toileteries we were given not replaced. Coffee pot/grounds left unemptied and no products replaced. Area around coffee pot not cleaned. The hotel supplied styrofoam coffee cups we had used remained in place on the desk in the room.

On the bright side, we asked the front desk for an additional pillow and returned to find it draped across one of the refrigerators upon our return from the day's events.

Would not recommend this hotel for anything more than a last-ditch, one-night stay if all else is booked.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 2 September 2008

I stayed at the hotel over the labor day weekend and I must say that the hotel was very clean. The staff were nice, the only downside is that crazy elevator..not only was it slow, but it did have grafiti all over it! plus it was kinda creepy in a stephen king kind of way. Other than that the hotel was really clean and nice, our room was good it was just perfect except for that crazy creepy elevator! I would stay again!!

• Liked — it was right across from the entertainment aka Broadway at the Beach
  • Disliked — The pool was too small!! and the kids were in there at all times of the hr!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Southampton, PA
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Read reviews for this hotel on here (I use this site for all our trips). I don't know what happened, but...cheesh....have never given a bad review before, but I have to.

Twelve hour trip...exhausted...pull in...lovely desk clerk...lobby very clean...

Get our suitcases and get on the elevator which had graffiti scratched all over it...not a good sign...

Walk into our room, which is what we expected for the money...next door, a dog, apparently very large, begins barking loudly and continuously for a few minutes. I call downstairs, explain the situation, and am told there are no more rooms. I explained that we couldn't stay next to a barking dog.

Up comes another desk clerk, and the dog has stopped barking. "I don't hear anything," he says, somewhat sarcastically.

My wife tells him that the dog was barking. "Well, I don't hear a thing. Did you people touch anything in the room?" and he disappears. I tell my wife that we'll call other hotels in the area from the lobby so we don't get accused of touching anything.

Go to the desk, and this same gentleman is there, staring at his computer screen (I should point out that two different dogs were on the elevator as we got on...be aware that this place is pet heaven).

I ask for a phone book, and he tosses one across the desk, still staring at his screen. I figured it was time to talk. "Do you think we're making this barking dog up? You actually seemed pretty rude to us."

"Well, I'm sorry, sir, but I didn't hear a dog."

I call the Hampton Inn seven miles away (turned out to be a GREAT place...right near LEGENDS golf course) and tell the clerk we were going for our bags.

To make a long story short, Rover starts barking even louder when we walk into the room. As we're leaving, a young lady walks by who was going downstairs. I ask her to tell the clerk about the dog. She laughs. She goes by the desk and says, "This couple had a dog next door. And by the barking, it's a big dog."

He tosses a receipt at me and says, "No charge."

My reply, "No kidding."

TIP: DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU CAN PUT UP WITH DOGS...APPARENTLY, MANY OF THEM!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — way too many dogs...rude clerk
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Kingsland, GA
Reviewed 24 June 2008

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn located directly across from Broadway at the Beach and it was perfect! Broadway is far enough across the lawns that noise and people are NO problem, but close enough to walk to. This hotel is pet friendly and has a GREAT free breakfast! The rooms were very large and the pool/hot tub area looked great even though we didn't get a chance to use it.

• Liked — Location, breakfast and cleanliness!
  • Disliked — Terrible internet access, could not get it working even after calling 800 help line.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
greenwich
Reviewed 23 June 2008

We stayed at the LaQuinta for a long weekend. You are right across the street from one of the entrances to Broadway at the Beach. You do have to cross a 4 lane highway but there is a traffic light and crosswalk. It took about 10 minutes to get there but Broadway at the Beach is spread out so you will walk more when you get there. They have plenty of parking lots if you have a car. The hotel was very clean, spacious room with refrig/microwave. The pool area is nice, never too crowded. Small pool and hot tub. The complimentary breakfast is typical waffles, pastries, cereal, fruit and coffee/juice. A pizza chain is about to open next door and and there is a steak house about 1 block away. We ate at Broadway at the Beach every night. Joe's Crab Shack, Margaritaville, The Crab House are really nice restaurants. The hotel does provide a shuttle from and to the airport which is nice if you don't rent a car which we did not since it was only a weekend. We took a taxi to Hard Rock Park which was only about 15 minutes away. For a 2 star hotel LaQuinta was fine but if I were to return to Myrtle Beach I would probably stay at the Hampton @ Broadway at the Beach to be close to the restaurants and IMAX and nightlife. But LaQuinta is not bad for a 2 star hotel if you are on a budget.

• Liked — Walking distance to Broadway at the Beach
  • Disliked — Housekeeping Knocking on Door With DO NOT DISTURB SIGN
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2008

We booked on-line and decided the Deluxe King Suite would be worth the extra $5 a night. The suite was beautiful and well appointed. We took our dog and were happy to see the double doors for the bedroom to keep him from sleeping on the bed while we were out. We had a microwave and fridge. The continental B'fast was basic, but better than having to go out. The hotel staff were very helpful. Lou, the night desk person gave us her personal discount card for a few restaurants. We used them 2 nights! The hotel is across from Broadway, but a bit of a walk. We ordered take-out from T-Bonz and had an awesome brunch in bed on New Year's Day. I would book no where else in Myrtle now!

• Liked — The hotel was beautiful.
  • Disliked — Few elevators. Took the stairs for close proximity to room.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spracr
Michigan
Reviewed 9 November 2007

La Quinta was the grand finale of a week long road trip to Myrtle Beach for my two sisters and I. We found a comfortable room, a pleasant staff, and a convient central location. The pool was beautiful and the hotel was only short walk to the beach. We had such a wonderful time that we decided to extend out stay by a day. I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a fair price and a good time.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends