“Pet-Friendly Accomodations”

Ranked #64 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lithonia, Georgia
“Pet-Friendly Accomodations”
Reviewed 9 April 2007

We stayed at the property March 30 through April 1 during a cheerleading competition. We checked in late on Friday night. We were pleasantly greeted. Check-in was quick. Our keys and room were ready and available. I did not request a non-smoking room, so I was given a smoking room. Thank goodness for the air freshner. It eliminated the stale odor. Breakfast was filling. The area was clean and pet-free. The hotel requests that there are no pets in the area during breakfast. It seems that this location is one of few hotels in the area that accepts pets. Many patrons brought their pets with them. There is a grassy area available for walks and playtime. The hotel is located across the street from Broadway at the Beach and approximately 1 mile from the Convention Center. We walked to both daily during our short stay. Due to its pet-friendly policies, I would consider staying at the La Quinta Inn again.

Stayed March 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2007

My husband and I wanted to bring in the New Year at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, but we had a problem. He bought me a kitten as my Christmas present and I didn't want to leave him home alone so soon after we got him.

I quickly found that decent, pet-friendly accomadations are hard to come by in the Myrtle Beach area. I was very surprised to find La Quinta, which is just across the street from Broadway at the Beach, allows pets, including cat. What is more, there is not an additional fee to bring your pet.

I'll admit I was a little wary. I've imagined pet friendly hotels as having a bad odor and being dirty or dingy. I was VERY impressed with this La Quinta. The rooms were spotless, spacious, and very nicely decorated. The bed linens were divine. Other than seeing peopole with their pets, you would never have known this was a pet friendly hotel.

We enjoyed it so much, I think that we are going to make New Years at the La Quinta a new tradition. The location is excellent, rates are reasonable, and rooms are more than comfortable.

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank AndeeDawn
London, UK
Reviewed 17 July 2006

Our 7-night stay at La Quinta was brilliant. We paid $850 between two of us for a pool-facing bedroom (2 double beds), with breakfast and airport transfers included.

The location is excellent - 5 mins walk from Broadway at the Beach (the main attraction in the area); 30 mins walk from Ocean Boulevard (beach) so good for those Europeans without cars!

The hotel was great - large rooms, prompt cleaning service, good movie-to-order service. Breakfasts included fresh waffles, bagels, muffins etc. The pool area was clean, with plenty of sunbeds and a good size. When closed one day for cleaning, we were able to use the Mariott Courtyard hotel pool next door.

The staff at La Quinta were excellent - friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the local area. They directed us to some great eats in Murrells Inlet (be warned that Broadway at the Beach is all pizza, pasta, burgers etc).

There's a lot to do in the lcoal area so a week goes quickly. Favourites are: PADI/ scuba diving, deep sea fishing, parasailing, beach life, state park and state gardens. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank CompulsiveReviewer
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Just got back from Myrtle Beach and stayed 2 nights at La Quinta Inn & Suites across from "Broadway at the Beach". We stayed July 10th and 11th. Hotel was not crowded. Very easy to drive across street to see "Broadway at the Beach". My wife and I had a room with a King size bed. Room was non-smoking and was very clean. It also had a recliner, a desk with hook-ups for laptops, microwave and small fridge. Did not use micro or fridge but it nice to know it was there and it was clean. Bed was large and very comfortable. Staff was very nice and helpful pointing out some area attractions. There was a self serve breakfast set up in the lobby and had waffles, ceral, toast, etc. every morning. Very nice place to stay if you don't want to stay on the beach. Easy access to everything at the beach. Highly recommend it and we were well pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 4 July 2006

My girltriend, dog and I spent a few days in Myrtle Beach and decided to stay away from the action of Ocean Blvd, and were we lucky we did. Not only did we stay in a less high paced environment, our spot had grassy areas where we could walk our dog, plus it was Senior's week when we went. Unbeknownst to us, the city caters to and promotes underage high school partying all week long. Fortunately we did not stay amongst such chaos, and it was nice to get away from it all when we retreated to the La Quinta.

The La Quinta is moderatley priced. Make sure you call the hotel direct and haggle with them on the price of the room. Any hotel will price their rooms arbitrarily, so it is a good idea to call the hotel itself, as other online sites aren't always the way to go.

For some reason the hotel didn't seem that packed the time we were there, but they put us on the third floor (which was fine, but the elevator sounded like it was going to break down at any minute, and it gave off a raunchy smell), so we took the stairs each time. The hotel was wonderful if you are traveling with a dog! They certainly were pet friendly. There is a large grassy area out front of the lobby and doggy clean up bags are also available.

The best part of the hotel I would say is the location. It is off the strip of the beach, which for some would be the way to go, especially if you have a pet. Broadway at the Beach was a very cool place, dozens of restaurants and tons of shops and other stores. I would say Broadway at the Beach is a must see in Myrtle Beach. We have City Walk Orlando here which is a part of Universal Studios, and I must say that I enjoyed BATB much more. Oh yeah, the free breakfast was pretty good, a much better variety of items than you will oftentimes see in a continental breakfast.

Regarding the beaches, if you want a touristy feel on the beach then go down by the Pavillion. However, if you would like a much more intimate and slower pace, I would strongly recommend heading a few miles south to Surfside Beach. It is much less crowded, almost like your own private island, and you can enjoy cold beers there without any trouble.

Overall, our trip to Myrtle Beach was memorable, I just wish it wasn't Senior's Week when we were there. For the life of me I can't fathom why such activity is condoned.

Pros: location, price.
Cons: refrigerator turned off and left over food was in it, elevator.

Would I come back to the La Quinta: probably.

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank M J
lexington nc
Reviewed 11 August 2005

First of all let me tell you that I am the pickiest person who ever lived when it comes to motels. If I see a loose hair that isn't mine, or an unidentifiable stain anywhere, or smell something "strange" I just about can't enjoy the trip. I also expect 5 star service for a low price. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little but you get the idea. I am pickier than most people. I have stayed at many motels in Myrtle Beach and most of them need improvement. You are going to find mildew or experience strange smells or stains at some point, because of the high volume of travelers and the moisture.....but I did like La Quinta and it was reasonably priced. I love Broadway at the Beach; this is such a fun place to go at night and it is within driving distance of the beach. La Quinta is right there and it is clean, safe, reasonably priced, and....you can't beat the wonderful service and staff who went out of their way to help my parents obtain a handicapped room on the first floor. The ONLY negative....and remember how picky I am....I did smell a lot of smoke on the halls even though I had a non-smoking room, and there was some gross mildew in the shower and around the rim of the toilet.....I did find a hair when I turned back the covers (I know they washed the sheets after the last guest but did they wash the blanket?) and the doors and walls looked like a fresh splash of paint is needed some time soon. But, compared to other Myrtle Beach motels, I probably shouldn't have even mentioned those few things. It was still a great place to stay and I would recommend it....but I have stayed at a cleaner La Quinta....hope this helps you!

3 Thank ELexington
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 21 June 2005

I stayed at the La Quinta, because I was taking my dog with me to Myrtle Beach. I found the hotel to be clean, nice pool and I liked the location. Close to Broadway at the Beach, Outlets and the beach. This hotel was better than some of the ones that I have stayed at right on the beach.

• Stayed June 2005